Jobs at:FAO Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda has been identified as a country with potential to be part of the research as it offers a lot of learning potential that could be adapted by peer countries. Documentation of the research findings will also provide a valuable opportunity for stakeholders in the Rwandan agri-food sector to contribute to the global debate on the sustainable transformation of food systems by sharing impressions on what has worked and not worked, thus far, for the country’s national food system. The results of the research will also act as inputs for the Food Systems Summit. .
Tasks and responsibilities
In collaboration with fellow FAO colleagues and WUR researchers, the consultant will:
• Review and provide inputs to the literature review conducted by WUR
• Review and provide inputs on preliminary list of key institutional informants
• Draft and distribute emails among selected
• key informants to arrange online interviews
• Attend online interviews and prepare written reports of each of them
• In collaboration with FAO colleagues and WUR , perform the data entry and analysis
• In collaboration with FAO colleagues and WUR, provide the preliminary case study report
• Present the report to FAO colleagues and WUR researchers to get their insight for the amendment and finalization of the report
• Submit to FAORW Office a final report
Job Skills: Not Specified
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in economics, agriculture, international development or any other relevant subject.
• A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the field of agrifood policy.
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French is an asset.
• Nationals of Rwanda or resident in the country with a regular work permit
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Previous working experience in Rwanda and familiarity with the country situation will be highly desirable
• Work experience in Agriculture intensification and food security areas in Rwanda
• Extent and relevance of experience in addressing institutional issues related to project management involving stakeholders and farmers associations establishment and management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of FAO project cycle
• Extensive field experience in developing countries.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION • FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing). • Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected] • Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. • Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. • For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2002002&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FJohannesburg