Logistics and Procurement officer
Jobs at:HEworks Rwanda Silk Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
07th November 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Logistics and Procurement officer( 1)
HEworks Rwanda Silk Ltd is a private limited company located in Kigali Special Economic Zone (KSEZ), Kigali City. The company operates a sericulture business by promoting mulberry plantation, producing silkworm eggs and cocoons, purchasing all the cocoons produced in Rwanda, and processing them into raw silk and silk fabrics mainly to export to the international market. .
• Handle all activities of procurements and logistics for the organization;
• Take the full responsibility for attending the procurement processes, ensuring that all steps are properly undertaken, and procurement files are maintained in accordance with the laws, rules, and regulations of the company and government of Rwanda.
• Track all company procurements and logistics contracts, identify all related issues and resolve them on time in consultation with the relevant office or authority;
• Establish a database of qualified supplier’s/ service providers with brief notes on the signed contracts, their timelines and update regularly the database;
• Organize transport/ distribution during plantation period
• Management of cocoon stores
• Organize cocoon payment and insure advance deductions are done accurately
• Ensure the accuracy of management of farmer’s records.
• Management of cocoon collection center (CCC) and cocoon production center (CPC)
• Contribute to purchase of CPC materials
• Ensure import of rearing materials is done properly
• Preparation of contracts of our supplies
• To contribute carefully and skillfully to the appropriate maintenance/ utilization of all documents, materials and equipment’s;
• Execute any other assignment as requested by the Administration Manager or other competent organizational authorities.
Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Should have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
• Should be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software packages.
• Should have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders
• Willingness to go above and beyond their job description
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-job training.
• Must be sincere & honest if not you will be dropped at anytime
• At least one year of working experience at the same position
• Ability to manage several tasks at once and great time management skills
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Procurement and logistics or related discipline with good academic marks.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Send a detailed CV and its supporting documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 07, 2019