Head of Business Development
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
02 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”. To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Senior Manager, Investment
• Manager, Equity Invest Portfolio. & Advisory Services
• Civil Engineer, Project Financing/ Due Diligence
• Business liaison admin
• Manager, Energy Portfolio Management
• Manager, Agriculture Portfolio Management
• Manager, Export and Manufacturing Portfolio Management
• Manager, Housing and Infrastructure Portfolio Management
• Contract terms: Open-ended contract
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• The purpose of the job is to lead the development and implementation of the Business strategy that seeks to invest in the BRD priority sectors, delivering products and solutions that address the market needs with efficient operations processes which are customer centric while covering all lending risks. .
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• Coordinate the development of competitive investment strategy that seek to tap into BRD priority sectors to respond to the Government national strategy for transformation priority areas for private sector development and to investors needs
• Coordinate the development and implementation of policies and procedures that will provide the guidelines required to ensure compliance with the BNR guidelines while protecting BRD from all types of financing risks
• Develop strategies to identify prospective customers, strategic partners and collaborative relationships that will drive portfolio growth and market penetration while ensuring the profitability and shareholder return
• Coordinate the budgeting process for the operations team, and seek for allocation of funds required to deliver the Investment strategies
• Provide strategic direction for product development, opportunity assessment, and business development models to ensure achievement of Investment strategy
• Liaise with the relevant departments and committees to determine pricing for facilities to ensure commensurate return for credit risks undertaken by BRD
• Develop and implement the internal governance structure and processes including cross functional committees to ensure transparency, effective communication, and adherence to good decision-making principles in the investment process
• Lead in market and product opportunity assessment including customer and competitor analysis, market trend analysis, compliance to policy and proposal design
• Provide business direction into product development to ensure BRD delivers superior and timely products and services
• Lead in the detailed appraisal and monitoring of equity investments to grow revenues and deliver on its diversification targets.
• Lead the development and implementation of advisory services strategy as one of the revenue streams of the bank and a key contributor to pipeline development
• Manage performance of the entire team and ensure quality improvement initiatives are in place to ensure quality and effective delivery of departmental objectives
• Carry on any other assignment delegated by the CEO
• High level of financial literacy
• Ability to discuss complex financial concepts such as valuation and equity returns with senior investment professionals
• Strong financial modelling skills
• Good knowledge of financial markets and the investment environment in Rwanda
• Problem solving skills.
• Stakeholder management skills
• Financial and Accountancy knowledge
• Strong Analytical skills
• Ability to lead and grow the team under his/her supervision
• Financial and management reporting skills
• Good grasp of government programs and priorities as well as national development objectives
• Interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in commerce/Business Administration/ or related field from a recognized institution
• Master of Science/ MBA from a recognized university is an added advantage.
• Relevant professional qualification
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in banking environment should be a must, two (2) of which must be at a senior management level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online -> (www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): [email protected]
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, April 02, 2021.
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.