Closure Date: 13/Mar/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRRWA
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Rwanda
Duration: 40 days
Post Number: N/A
The consultant will assess the limiting factors for women’s participation in the lucrative nodes of Dairy value chain to accelerate Rural women’s Economic Empowerment. He/She will identify strategies to reinforce women’s empowerment in lucrative nodes of the dairy value chain, to reduce inequality and other problems which harm both women and men.
Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for conducting an ”Assessment of the limiting factors for women’s participation in the lucrative nodes of the Dairy value chain”, to identify the support to reinforce Women’s Economic Empowerment. Detailed tasks include:
- Organize the inception workshop under FAO support
- Submit the inception report to FAO with a clear methodology to be used to realize the assessment of limiting factors for women’s participation in the lucrative nodes of the Dairy value chain
- Organise consultations with key partners in dairy value chain to understand the role of women in the value chain and constrains encountered
- Analyse the progress made by women in the lucrative part of the value chain in the last 4 years and the impact observed in women empowerment in dairy value chain. Emphasis should be on opportunities and challenge as of today (2021)
- Analyse how the actual National Dairy strategy supported women’s empowerment in the Dairy value chain and what were key challenges addressed
- Describe how women are currently integrated in the lucrative node of the Dairy value chain in sustainable manner to reduce inequality, food insecurity and malnutrition and what the keys challenges are.
- Analyse different constraints that women, men and youth face that limit them from maximizing their participation in the lucrative part of dairy value chain and identify mitigation measures.
- Analyse women´s decision making in the lucrative part of the value chain and the impact (positive and negative) at the individual, household and community level
- Propose practical recommendations and way forward for improvement of the level of women’s benefit from the lucrative node for Dairy value chain
- Prepare an end-of-assignment report
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture Economics, Gender studies or other relevant disciples
- At least three years of proven experience in gender and value chains
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Dairy value chain
- Fluency in written English is required.
- Fluency in speaking Kinyarwanda is required,
- Knowledge of French, it is a benefit.
- National of Rwanda or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Corporate Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge and understanding the dairy value chain
- Sound understanding gender equality and women Empowerment in rural development
- Experience on organizing/conducting such kind of work
- Technical offer showing how the work will be organized and timeline proposed
- Experience of projects with Women Empowerment component
- Analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise reports in English
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at
Jobs at FAO
and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT