ERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A FIELD OFFICER TO IMPLEMENT THE CCOAIB’s CRA PROJECT
1. Background and scope
The “Conseil de Concertation des Organisations d’Appui aux Initiatives de base” CCOAIB” in acronym is an Umbrella Organization of Rwandan Local NGOs engaged in development. It serves as a framework for exchange, consultation, advocacy, dialogue, networking, negotiation, and solidarity for its members. CCOAIB’s core business is reinforcing member organization’s capacities in promoting sustainable development in Rwanda. Its key objectives include the provision of information and skills, the creation of platforms to enable its members to engage actively in national policy development and implementation processes.
CCOAIB in partnership with OXFAM and DUTERIMBERE ONG have secured funding from European Union for the implementation of a project titled ‘Rwandan CSOs engage in Climate Resilient agriculture and sustainable energy initiatives (CRA project)”. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to strengthening Rwandan CSOs to perform their roles as independent development actors working towards climate resilient, sustainable agriculture and energy sectors. The intervention has two expected outcomes:
Outcome 1: Rwanda’s CSOs ensure that relevant policies and plans on climate change and climate resilience reflect smallholder farmers’ needs, thereby fostering sustainable rural development and food security, and
Outcome 2: At least 8,000 smallholder farmers’ households have improved their livelihoods and food security by using climate resilient and sustainable agriculture approaches and strategies.
CCOAIB will implement the project over 30 months in Nyagatare and Kirehe districts and therefore would like to recruit one Field Officer who will be based in Kirehe district.
The Project Field Officer will implement the project activities in the selected areas of both districts and will be supervised by the Project Coordinator. The Field Officer will report to the Project Coordinator and interact closely with the whole project’s team based at CCOAIB head office in Kigali city.
2. Qualifications and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rural development, project management, environment, renewable energy management, or any other related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation enhancing citizen participation in decision making in Rwanda and interacting with decentralized entities;
- Good understanding of climate resilient and agro-ecological practices, especially in the Rwandan context.
- Proven skills in the implementation of climate resilient, low-carbon, agro-ecological methods, and strategies, especially at the community level;
- Knowledge and understanding of agricultural and environmental policies and related programmes, especially in Rwanda;
- Experience in interacting and engaging local authorities and other stakeholders at district level
- Experience of working together with Civil Society Organisations, Local NGO’s and/or farmer cooperatives.
In addition, the candidate has to be a team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) with fluency in Kinyarwanda and acceptable capacity to work in English and/or French; excellent report writing and presentation skills; demonstrated analytical skills; understanding of IT applications including Microsoft Word, Power- point and Excel.
To be based in Kirehe district and have the ability and willingness to travel to the field frequently and outside the project area as required, sometimes within short notice.
5. Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits will depend on qualifications and experience as well as on the CCOAIB salary scale.
6. Contract duration
The employment contact will be signed for one year renewable.
Method of Application
Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements set here-in should present a motivation letter and detailed CV with a clear indication on the envelop: “ Application for CRA project” Field Officer-CCOAIB ”. Applications should be addressed to Executive Secretary of CCOAIB and be delivered to CCOAIB Heard Office located in Kigali City, Gasabo District, Remera Sector, Rukiri I Cell, Amajyambere Village at International Airport Road KN 5RD (Gishushu), Building ?18. Online applications are not allowed.
Only qualified candidates as outlined above will be considered and shortlisted for recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 18 th November 2020 at 10h00 AM.
NGENDANDUMWE Jean Claude
Executive Secretary of CCOAIB.