Jobs at:Souk IG Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your role as an Agronomist would be to manage a large farm primarily producing Avocado. This role is based on the field and requires an extensive experience farming fruit trees (Avocado specifically). .
• Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
• Recruiting, training and supervising Farm Managers, and other Farm staff.
• Attaining Global GAP certification for the farm.
• Crop budgeting and planning and permanent record keeping Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
• Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management.
• Ensuring that the logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Insect, weed, and disease monitoring/diagnostics.
• Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements. Particularly the Global GAP accreditation.
• Making chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations.
• Proactively promote and inform the sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
• Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attending company-sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
• Experience in growing Avocado is necessary.
• Experience in attaining farm certification (i.e. Global GAP).
• Experience in growing Habanero, Birds Eye Chilli, and French Beans.
• Have at least 5 years of field experience in agribusiness.
• Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrate PR and interpersonal, and leadership skills, supervisory skills, and strategic planning
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=32631