Jobs at:Souk IG Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
12 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your role as an Agronomist would be to manage a large farm primarily producing Bird Eye Chili, Habanero, French Beans, Tomato, and Avocado. This role is based on the field. .
• Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
• Recruiting, training, and supervising Farm Managers, and other Farm staff.
• Attaining Global GAP certification for the farm.
• Crop budgeting and planning, and permanent record keeping Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
• Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management.
• Ensuring that logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Insect, weed, and disease monitoring / diagnostics.
• Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements. Particularly the Global GAP accreditation.
• Making chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations.
• Proactively promote and inform the sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
• Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attend company sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
• Experience in growing Habanero, Tomato, French Beans, Avocado, and Bird Eye Chilli is a must.
• Experience in attaining farm certification (i.e. Global GAP).
• Have at least 5 years of field experience in agribusiness.
• Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrate PR and interpersonal, and leadership skills, supervisory skills, and strategic planning
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit your updated CV/Resume by applying via the" Apply for this job " button below not later than 12th January 2021