- Company: DAI Global LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
RWANDA NGURIZA NSHORE PROJECT
EMBEDDED TECHNICAL ADVISOR IN THE MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of the five-year Feed the Future-funded Rwanda Nguriza Nshore project (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector. By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public-private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MINICOM) in partnership with the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Project implemented by DAI Global is seeking to hire a Rwandan Embedded Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance to MINICOM through facilitating the implementation of the Entrepreneurship Development Policy (EDP) and related policies.
The Embedded Technical Advisor will be seconded to MINICOM as a Nguriza Nshore employee. He/she will have the following primary responsibilities.
- Daily management of the partnership between MINICOM and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Project:
- In close collaboration with MINICOM team and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Team, the Technical Advisor shall be the first point of liaison in the agreed-upon initiatives between MINICOM and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore initiatives.
- Develop a weekly plan of activities and share its execution.
- Participate in management meetings of the Ministry and accordingly share required actions related to the project.
- Support the Permanent Secretary with policy-related work.
- Coordination of policy reform activities and review:
- The Technical Advisor will be involved in organizing relevant technical workshops, whether with government, private sector and/or development partners.
- The Technical Adviser will generate weekly, quarterly, Bi-annual and annual reports.
- The Technical Adviser will also arrange/coordinate other meetings as will be assigned PS or RNN Team.
- Facilitate the implementation process of the EDP:
- Generate work plans of actions in respect of the EDP implementation process.
- Supervise the translation process of EDP into Kinyarwanda/and French.
- Provide support to raise awareness around the EDP policy implementation.
- Facilitate in the design of a proper awareness campaign plan.
- Facilitate other policy related actions by the project.
- Advisory services to the Ministry on matters related to policy implementation and formulation:
- Provide technical advice to the Permanent Secretary on matters related to Entrepreneurship and SME Development and policy formulation.
- Advise MINICOM Entrepreneurship Development Unit on matters related to Entrepreneurship and SME Development and policy implementation.
- Provide strategic advice on potential new policies and initiatives to further support objectives and goals in the National EDP.
- Map and engage potential partners to support the Ministry in implementing its mandates regarding entrepreneurship and SME development.
- Provide regular update on the EDP implementation status and advise accordingly.
- Supervising budgets and monitoring, evaluation and learning plans. He/she will make recommendations based on deviations against plans and learning outcomes.
Competences and Skills Requirements
- Deep knowledge of Entrepreneurship, Employment creation and SME policy framework in Rwanda.
- Ability to work within public procedures and achieve targets.
- Ability to develop and structure concept papers and communicate them clearly in written and oral forms.
- Intellectual curiosity and deep commitment to applying innovative solutions in the entrepreneurship and SME development fields.
Communication & Leadership Competencies:
- Excellent leadership skills, including but not limited to leading meetings (chairing them, taking minutes for them, etc.).
- Good organizational and personal skills necessary to coordinate multiple inputs from numerous contributors, including colleagues with both more and less experience and seniority.
- Sincere interest in coaching and providing positive feedback to improve the team’s capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in an online or remote communication infrastructure environment.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English and French and this includes but not limited to writing simple and complex reports and documents in a professional manner.
- Strong skills in Microsoft business software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize activities and accommodate last minutes requests and ensure deadline are met.
- Ability to work in stress and pressure intensive environment with the ability to ensure work-life balance.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent critical thinking.
- Flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
- Willingness to take extra steps outside of the job scope to produce and ensure timely delivery of required targets.
The Embedded Technical Advisor will jointly report to the Permanent Secretary and Nguriza Nshore.
The Embedded Technical Advisor under the supervision of the Rwanda USAID Nguriza Nshore Project Component 3 Lead will provide the following reports: brief weekly/monthly/bi-annual/annual reports showing progress against the agreed implementation plan, challenges with recommended solutions, lessons learned, knowledge and skills transferred to MINICOM. The Embedded Advisor will also support activities under component 3 and routinely provide reports as requested.
- Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Governance, Law, Public Policy or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant and hands-on experience in areas related to the Private Sector, Entrepreneurship, and SME development Programs.
- Strong experience in Entrepreneurship or SME development policy. the formulation in Rwanda.
- Experience working with multi partners programs.
- Experience working with policymaking institutions.
- Experience working with the local Government in Rwanda in matters related to employment creation, entrepreneurship, and business development.
- Proven track record in events organizations is a strong plus.
- English fluency and at least high-intermediate level oral and written skills in Kinyarwanda.
Interested candidates should send their CV/Resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experiences match those needed for this position to NgurizaNshore_Recruitment@dai.com and “Rwandan Embedded Technical Advisor to MINICOM” should be the title of your email.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 5 pm CAT, September 5 th , 2019. Applications received after September 5 th , 2019 will not be accepted.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.