Title: Construction and Installation of Imihigo Dissemination Dashboards in 25 sectors and 2 headquarter of Muhanga and Karongi Districts
Conseil de Concertation des Organisations d’Appui aux Initiatives de Base (CCOAIB)
Legal Personality : A.M. n° 103/11 du 07/09/2004
B.P.1993 KIGALI – RWANDA ; Tél. mobile (+250) 788302065
Kigali, International Airport Road KN 5 RD , Building ?18
Fostering imihigo as an instrument for participation and accountability.
Request for Bids to Construction and Installation of Imihigo Dissemination Dashboards in 25 sectors and 2 headquarter of Muhanga and Karongi Districts.
10/06/2021 at 10:Am
2. Profile of CCOAIB
The “Conseil de Concertation des Organisations d’Appui aux Initiatives de Base” CCOAIB is an Umbrella Organization of 43 Rwandan NGOs in development. It serves as a framework of exchange, consultations, dialogue, negotiation, advocacy and solidarity. Its member organizations operate across the whole country and are involved in various development domains including agriculture, livestock, environment, governance and citizen participation, women and youth empowerment, microfinance, etc.
3. Context and objective of the work
Since 2006, the Government of Rwanda has adopted Imihigo as a public service performance management policy. Imihigo was designed as a Rwandan approach performance management. Imihigo constitute an efficient accountability mechanism and an incentive for local government leaders and their population to implement the decentralization policies and to meet local and national development targets. Imihigo activities affect citizens’ daily life, therefore it is their right to be informed and participate into the whole Imihigo process.
Over the last few years, local government entities have reinforced and increased number of participatory mechanisms in place at local level to collect citizens’ priorities and involve them in the whole Imihigo process.
Dashboards are being used as an important and efficient tool to inform the citizens about Imihigo and involve them in the whole process and content.
Effective from January 2019, CCOAIB with the financial support of the GIZ, is implementing project entitled: fostering imihigo as an instrument for participation and accountability, aiming to support citizens’ participation in governance policy processes at local level in Karongi, Gatsibo and Muhanga districts.
It is in this regard that CCOAIB is issuing a call for tenders for the construction and installation of 27 Imihigo dissemination dashboards in Muhanga and Karongi Districts (13 in Muhanga and 14 in Karongi).
Dashboards will be established at the District and Sector offices (1 dashboard per each sector in the 2 mentioned districts and 1 dashboard at each district headquarter).
4. Scope of the work
The structure of the dashboard to be constructed has to meet following technical specifications.
The details of the technical offer must be specified as follows :
Detailed description of the structure of the Imihigo dashboard
1. Panel measurements
- The length of the panel structure: 6m
- Height of the panel structure: 2m
- Depth of the panel structure: not less than 50 cm
- The title panel: 2.25 m / 25 cm
2. Panel Materials
- The panel must be reinforced with galvanized pipes of 90 rust-resistant and anchored in concrete of 50 cm deep.
- The structure is reinforced by the horizontal metal tubes of 40 x 40 and the vertical and diagonal tubes of 30 x 30.
- The structure is covered with flat sheets of 2.00 m by 1 m and 1.25 mm thick.
- The whole structure must paint with white / oil paint.
5. Eligibility criteria
This tender is only opened to construction compagnies
The service providers interested must have the following:
- Being a registered company consultant, proved by RDB registration certificate with at least 2 years of experience;
- Using EBM (Electronic Billing Machine) approved by Rwanda Revenue Authorities in invoicing is a MUST; A copy of an invoice delivered will be attached as a proof;
- Show the proofs that they comply with all taxes requirements (at least payment of last quarter and recent RRA tax clearance certificate);
- The financial offers should be quoted in Rwandan Francs (RWF), inclusive of tax if they have shown proofs of payments in previous point.
Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements should present an expression of interest letter, a Technical and Financial offers addressed to the Executive Secretary of CCOAIB. The 3 copies (1 Original and two copies) of technical offer and other 3 copies (1original and two copies) of the Financial Offer should be in separate sealed envelopes, both put in one big envelope.
Application shall be submitted at CCOAIB office located at Remera, Kigali city, International Airport Road KN 5RD, Building No 18, not later than 10 th June 2021 at 10:00 am.
Official opening of received bids will be held on the same day 10 th June 2021,10:05 am at CCOAIB office and applicants should be represented in the event.
7. Selection Procedure
The consultant will be selected using the Quality Based Selection (QBS) method.
8. Information Channel
For more information before the submission deadline, Please contact CCOAIB Local Expert on +250788219771
Jean Claude NGENDANDUMWE
Executive Secretary of CCOAIB