Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Rutsiro , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KOPAKAMA is a cooperative of small coffee growers founded in 1998 with the general objective of improving the coffee production in quantity and quality. By now it has three coffee washing stations (including one under construction) and one dry mill, process coffee cherries up to green coffee, and sell it at the local and international market. The cooperative is composed by 1062 members who are located in Rutsiro and Karongi Districts. Thus, it is looking for the recruitment of a full-time Cashier/Secretary (1 position). .
The cashier/secretary of the KOPAKAMA cooperative will discharge the following responsibilities which are divided into two functions such as:
Functions related to petty cash
1) Maintain the cash register (cash entry and exit movements);
2) Carry out cash receipts/disbursements on behalf of KOPAKAMA;
3) Record all operations concerning the cash register;
4) Maintain the cash books and supporting documents relating thereto;
5) Perform daily cash control;
6) Make cash reports (Daily, weekly, monthly, annual);
7) Ensuring the fundraising work at various workplaces of the cooperative;
8) Perform any other task given to him by his hierarchical superior.
Functions related to the secretariat
1) Making an appointment;
2) Preparation of meetings and drafting of minutes;
3) Support for professional correspondence;
5) Contacts with clients;
6) Organization of meetings, etc.
7) Perform any other task given to him by his hierarchical superior.
Job Skills: Not Specified
1. A bachelor’s degree in accounting, Management, or other related fields, with three years of experience or having a post-graduate diploma (A1) in the same field with at least five years of experience
2. Must have good knowledge of using a computer (Word and Excel)
3. Must have good knowledge in using accounting software (quick books, sage, …)
4. Must have impeccable integrity and diligence
5. Be a Rwandan citizen
6. Fluent in spoken and written English and/or French (knowledge of both languages is an advantage, and Kinyarwanda
7. Accepting to live and work in a rural area
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your application letter, CV, ID, the degree, last year's academic transcripts, work certificates as proof of experiences, and other relevant documents on the following email address: [email protected] and clearly state the job title in the email subject. Submission deadline: September 30th, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to pass the test All application letters are addressed to the President of the Cooperative KOPAKAMA, District of Rutsiro.