Looking for opportunities to work in development consulting in Kigali ? Look no further! Dalberg is currently hiring for the Analyst level.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg .
You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures. You excel in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are a committed self-starter with an excellent academic record, a passion for development and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, MENA, and the Americas. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for an Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree (expected to be earned in 2020, or earned in 2019 followed by a second degree or fellowship) in Economics, Business, International Relations, Science, Math, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent academic record
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to support teams to accomplish aspiring goals
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or development issues (through internships, volunteerism, coursework, or other experience)
In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Mastery in Excel or PowerPoint
- Experience with financial analysis
- In-depth knowledge on topics related to Dalberg’s work
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas or initiatives
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
Analysts are our front lines of research, analysis, and presentation – building the team’s knowledge base around the topic at hand. As those who dive deepest into the issues, Analysts think critically and creatively to develop insights based on their findings from the research process. They gain a broad knowledge base that cuts across sectors and geographies while serving as the core of every project’s work. For example, recent Analysts have created a macro-economic plan for the Government of Ethiopia to accelerate industrial growth, designed a major foundation’s strategy to control sleeping sickness in Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring countries, and launched a new impact investment fund for agriculture in Nigeria. In addition, Analysts helped the City of Cartagena, Colombia develop an employment strategy to adapt to rapid changes in its economy and infrastructure and supported a leading donor to identify investments to improve women’s economic empowerment in the US. Through these and other projects, Analysts have traveled to a diverse range of countries over the past year including Ecuador, Ethiopia, Morocco, Philippines, Tanzania, and China.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
Analysts benefit from a wide range of career development opportunities. Top performers will have opportunities to work in other Dalberg offices and, after 2 years with the firm, will have the option to spend time on a service project in emerging markets or studying a new language. Following 2-3 years at Dalberg, some Analysts pursue graduate degrees, attending some of the top programs in the world, Dalberg provides active support and mentorship throughout the graduate school application process for those choosing to pursue this path. Other top performing Analysts choose to stay at Dalberg continuing to grow into development leaders and taking on greater levels of responsibility as their careers progress.
About Our Clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
Join Our Team
Our current opportunities are in Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Nairobi, New Delhi, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, and Washington, DC.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre , by Sept 29 th 2019 @ 11:59 EST.
Your application should include a resume noting current SAT/ACT and GPA, or British Class system and/or ECTS Grading as applicable , cover letter, short essay response and current university transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). In your cover letter, please list up to 3 locations for which you would like to and are eligible to work , in order of preference. If you are only eligible to work in one region or location, please note that.
In addition to your resume, cover letter and transcript, please respond to ONE of the following questions (and limit your response to fewer than 500 words):
- What is an innovation for ending poverty that you think is currently under-utilized?
- Working at Dalberg, you will get to advise leaders of large NGOs, international companies and government agencies on what they should do to more effectively end poverty. What messages would you like to bring to these leaders and why?
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to interview by phone in the first round. Interviews will test consulting skills through case questions and discuss the candidate’s interests and experience. As the interviews progress to further rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg location.
- Africa: Positions in the Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos and Nairobi locations are only available to candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization. All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October.
- Americas: Positions in Dalberg’s Mexico City office are contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in Mexico as well as possessing fluency in Spanish. Positions in Dalberg’s US offices are contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in the US. All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October.
- Asia: Positions in the Mumbai, New Delhi, and Singapore locations are only available to candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization. All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October.
- Europe: Positions in European locations (Geneva, London, Paris) are only available to candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization. The opportunity in European locations is for a three-month paid internship with the potential for full-time employment thereafter. First and second round interviews will take place respectively on 10th October and 17th October, both over the phone. Successful candidates will then be invited to attend an in-person, final-round interview on the week of 21st October.
- MENA: All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October.