POSITION: Business Development Advisor (3)
TERM: Full time, 1-year commitment, Renewable
LOCATION: Rubavu town – Western Province
REPORTS TO: Director of SME Growth
Usalama Business Development is a business development that fully supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and become their best in service delivery. Our priority is to provide tangible business solutions to the Small and Medium enterprises with the focus to their Sales, Operations, and Finance.
Usalama is looking for an experienced Business Development Advisor and passionate about business development, who is willing to work and support entrepreneurs.
The Business Development Advisor will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Develop business strategies and comprehensive business plans
- Generate financial statements, forecasts, and profitability analyses clients
- Develop and implement online marketing strategies for clients
- Assist clients with the implementation of business plan recommendations
- Advise clients on financing and investment opportunities/challenges
- Setup and train clients in online marketing, such as social media, online platforms (TripAdvisor, booking.com, Google Maps, etc)
- Develop new Usalama services and training for businesses in Agri-businesses, Manufacturing, tourism and hospitality, Cross-border, Agriculture, etc.
- Train tourism and hospitality businesses on marketing, sales, and standard operating procedures
- Provide expert advice; help clients to navigate challenges and make sound business decisions
- Conduct assessments of client businesses to understand business needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Conduct research on the industry, competitors, and customers
- Manage client relationships and provide a single point of contact for assigned clients
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services throughout client engagements
- Regularly track and report on the progress of client work and deliverables
- Participate in the development of USALAMA goals, strategies, and planning
- Assist Usalama management in special projects, training, and expansion initiatives
- Represent Usalama in the local business community and at conferences or other events,
- Keep up to date on the latest business and industry trends in Rwanda and across Great Lakes Region and East Africa,
- Maintain and organize client files
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Sector-specific expertise and knowledge in the Agri-business, cross-border, post-harvest, manufacturing, and tourism & hospitality sector
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Experience with managing social media and/or other online platforms for businesses
- Good presentation and training skills
- Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Must speak fluent English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added advantage
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject
- Willingness to travel around the country from time to time, in line with the job needs
- Communicate effectively locally and internationally
- Be solutions-oriented and data-driven
- Be kind, compassionate and empathetic
- Effectively support the performance of each team member
- Be collaborative and solicitous of others’ opinions
- Be a leader in the local entrepreneurial community
- Maintain local and international performance standards
- Be willing to put in the time it takes to do a good job,
- Have a deep commitment to Usalama’s strategies in support of Usalama’s mission, vision, and culture
YOUR BENEFIT IN JOINING OUR TEAM
- User-friendly working environment to grow and develop your skills,
- Happy, innovative and collaborative working environment,
- Be part of creating a business impact in Rwanda as well as job creation,
In your cover letter please include the following:
- Describe any experience you have working with entrepreneurs or SMEs and why you are passionate about the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in Rwanda.
- Task: Describe 4 major common challenges entrepreneurs/SMEs in Agri-businesses, Manufacturing, Cross-border, tourism and/or hospitality face here in Rwanda.
- How would you assist entrepreneurs in addressing these challenges (under 250 words)?
- Your net salary expectations for this position.
Please submit both your cover letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of application: Position open until filled