- Company: Agronomist
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
TERM OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT
Number of staff needed: 1
Source of Fund: TROCAIRE/IRISH AID
Deadline: 23 August 2019 12:00 am
BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION
UNICOOPAGI (Union des Coopératives Agricoles Intégrées) registration number RCA/0168/2019 issued on 21 st February 2019; UNICOOPAGI is a Union of Agricultural Cooperatives headquartered at Nyamugali Cell, Gasaka Sector, Nyamagabe District, in Southern Province. UNICOOPAGI was created to foster Community Development by empowering people to build a better and sustainable development.
The Union is composed of 34 Cooperatives operating in Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru and Huye Districts in the Southern Province.
In Partnership with TROCAIRE, UNICOOPAGI implements a Project entitled “ Resilient Food Security through Climate Change Adaptation and mitigation practices ” in Nyaruguru District, Ruramba Sector, where the targeted staff will be affected.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN AGRONOMIST:
Project activities implementation
- Responsible for the quality and timely implementation of the project activities,
- Organize field activities with partners;
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with UNICOOPAGI/Trōcaire internal policy and guidelines as well as grant contract as assigned.
- Plan, implement and monitor activities under the project in line with the established work plan, targets, and available budget;
- Act as a focal person for the project with partners on the field;
- Provide guidance and capacity building to the Participants;
Grant management and target group Capacity Building
- Train Participants
- Work closely with UNICOOPAGI Coordinator, Trōcaire PO’s and Trōcaire M&E to identify areas of capacity building for Participants and provide trainings to address needs;
- Engage in any other staff capacity building activities as requested by the management of the organization.
Reporting and Communication:
- Provision of timely and quality reports;
- Ensure marking and branding plan strategy is respected and applied as appropriate;
- Provide regular updates for success stories and any other communication as requested by the UNICOOPAGI Coordinator and/or Trōcaire Team member.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to the M&E officer in relation to M&E activities under the project such as surveys and evaluations;
- Lead in the development of best practices, lessons learned and case studies;
- Engage in any other M&E activities as requested by the UNICOOPAGI Coordinator and/or Trōcaire Team member.
- Do a regular Monitoring of project’s activities and evaluate Project impact on the livelihood of household’s beneficiaries.
Stakeholder engagement and Representation:
- Participate in several coordination meetings at UNICOOPAGI
- Guide visitors to project sites and carry out promotional or media work as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Be a Rwandan of Nationality
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy (Crop Protection, Agri-Business and/or Soil management) with experience of 3 years, a degree in Rural Development, Social Work (Welfare and social development) with a background of Agronomy with a similar experience of 5years minimum.
- Experience in working with poor/vulnerable people in rural areas;
- Experience in working with Local Authorities;
- Experience in working with small Scale Farmers;
- Hold a Driving License of motorbike (Cat. A) ;
- Should have spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added.
Skills and competence:
- Be creative and decision-maker;
- Teamwork Spirit;
- Knowledge of community mobilization and sensitization;
- Knowledge of poverty reduction strategies;
- Knowledge of Climate change issues and environment Policy.
Application documents required:
- A motivation letter addressed to UNICOOPAGI Chairperson explaining your motivation for the post;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degree;
- Copy of Identity Card ;
- Copy of Driving License for motorbike Category A;
- Certificate of the last Employer;
- Certificates justifying your experiences;
- 3 References persons with their Adress Institution, Phone number, and e-mail;
- 2 Passport Photos
Interested should submit their docs in PDF by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy to UNICOOPAGI Office based in Nyamagabe District, Gasaka Sector, Nyamugali Cell, Nyarusange Village, on National Road Huye-Rusizi.
NB: Only Qualified Candidates will be called for a written test.
Females Candidates are encouraged to apply!
Chairperson and Legal Representative of UNICOOPAGI