Agriculture Product Research Lead
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
03rd September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
One Acre Fund relies on its Product Innovation team to find the most impactful agricultural practices and products for farmers. Every season we run both station and farmer trials to inform our extension and product offering decisions. Great innovation comes from excellent background research, a true understanding of our client base, excellent trial implementation, and a strong integration process that allows us to translate trial results into impact for our full program. .
Needs Assessment and Desk Research
• Conduct participatory research into the needs and preferences of the farmers that we serve in order to identify new opportunities for impact.
• Literature reviews on intervention options and monitor developments in relevant agriculture research
Organizational Strategy Support
• Provide technical input to support strategy development for products and services offered to farmers
• Provide technical backstopping for agricultural strategy
• Provide ad-hoc technical advice and guidance to the impact division (Innovations + M&E), as well as to other departments like government relations and services, field operations, systems and business development teams etc.
Station Trial Lead
• Oversight of station trials at 3 locations in Karongi, Rutsiro and Kayonza; team of 40+ staff
• Initiate and review trial suggestions, potential impact analysis and trial design
• Data analysis support
• Reporting results and recommendations
Farmer Field Trial Lead
• Support a team of 40+ staff running trials with hundreds of farmers each season.
• Improve farmer trial protocols and plans.
• Analyze data and compile trial reports.
• Review our agriculture trainings that are disseminated to farm families.
• Develop new training materials based on research and trials.
• Improve training delivery and assessment through a team of trainers and evaluators.
• Support in creation of annual budgets
• Monitor expenses to ensure efficient team operations
• Team Performance Management and Mentorship
• Support all staff working on agriculture research to develop technical knowledge, data analysis capacity, leadership and management skills.
• Provide basic technical training to non-field staff on an as-needed basis
• Periodic performance reviews for staff
Scale and Input Recommendations
• Provide scale recommendations for different products and practices
• Provide support to input and field operations team on crop and fertilizer allocations for farmers in Rwanda
• Collaborations with Other Institutions
• Represent OAF in different task forces in collaboration with external organizations
• Liaise with Rwandan research organizations (Government, Universities) and international research institutes to advance mutual learning
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Strong educational background; at least an MSc in Agriculture or closely related field
• Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
• Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Language: English required in all locations. Other notable and useful languages are French and Kinyarwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://grnh.se/88b401e71