Agricultural Field officer
Jobs at:Saemaul Globalization Foundation (SGF)
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kamonyi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Saemaul Globalization Foundation (SGF) was officially launched to succeed the Gyeongsangbuk-do’s trajectory of globalizing Saemaul Undong of South Korea. It introduced a new model of rural development, based on a comprehensive development plan for the local community with focus on the reform of the villagers’ mindset, enhancement of self-reliance and laying solid foundation for sustainable development.
Saemaul Globalization Foundation (SGF) Rwanda Office seeks to hire a highly qualified, committed and experienced staff for the position of Agricultural Field officer in Kamonyi district.
Position: Agricultural Field officer
Number of positions: 1 position
Duration of contract: 8months renewable based on performance
Application closing date: 30/04/2021 17:00pm
Location of Assignment: Kamonyi district
Purpose of the Position : To implement project activities as required by the Saemaul Globalization Foundation Rwanda Office (SGF) within Kamonyi District .
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
• Ensure implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders (KOUBITE and COAMALEKA farmers, District, Ministry of Agriculture)
• Ensure the appropriate selection of target population to participate in the program.
• Visit target communities on a regular basis to discuss with farmers their problems and experiences and learn about communities and agricultural practices relevant to the increased production of food for target communities.
• Ensure the design of appropriate training methods and materials for use in local community development work and informal education activities.
• Ensure the timely production of regular and timely progress reports regarding projects.
• Participate in planning sessions and in the development of program strategies .
• Participate in special projects as assigned by the country director.
• Take responsibility for effective management of the projects’ field activities.
• Prepare field visits for visitors and networking events.
• To facilitate the formation of aggregation and marketing organizations, and support the development of business management competency for market orientation of producers, input providers and marketers.
• Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy. Support in developing M&E system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted farmers.
• To chair the weekly project management meetings and ensure adherence to work plans of all personnel.
• Develop project work plans and ensure timely implementation of the project activities in line with work plans and activity schedules.
• Monitor, identify and advice on challenges and risks facing the implementation of the project.
• Contribute to dissemination of good practice and lessons from the organization’s work and promote experience sharing and learning in the organization and among partners.
• Team management
Required skills and Experience
• A bachelors’ degree in Agriculture, agribusiness management or Agronomy, crop production and related field is required
• 3-5years experience in agriculture and rural development sector required
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of agricultural
• Demonstrated ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
• Knowledge on agronomy and other agricultural related programmes.
• Knowledge in agricultural program design and implementation.
• Knowledge of agronomic principles and practices, including crops(Maize and vegetables), soils and nutrients.
• Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern production agriculture and irrigation.
• Proven experience delivering agriculture focused programme to improve livelihood and reduce poverty of smallholder farmers in Rwanda
• Knowledge of the agriculture sector in Rwanda and its regulation and stakeholders
• High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office packages including MS Word, Ms Excel, Power point and internet)
• Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to respect and relate to people of different ethics and culture.
• Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely, cost effective way
• Ability to achieve pre-defined results and outcomes using ethical, best practice methods
• Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information
• Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver as part of a team
• Fluent in Local languages and English.
• The position will require to live in Kamonyi district
• Prepares notes of meetings, highlighting key issues for Mission management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your CV, copy of Bachelor’s degree Certificate and Cover Letter to [email protected] by Friday, April 30th, 2021 17h00 at the latest.
Due to the high number of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.