5 Cooperatives Officers
Jobs at:Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF) is a nationwide platform whose purpose is to change the current perception among the youths vis-à-vis the agriculture sector in Rwanda, while orienting them to seize investment opportunities through awareness creation, skills development, and advocacy support services. The idea is to create a critical mass of change agents to influence transformation of agricultural business landscape with courage, determination and positive attitude. TERMS OF REFERENCE The RYAF (through young graduates) under an MoU with Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Food Security Project (SAIP) will be responsible for providing technical know-how and support in the increase of agriculture productivity specifically in horticulture crops, market access, and food security within SHG and Cooperatives supported by SAIP Project and also to improve nutrition. RYAF will support the Water Users Associations in ensuring proper operation and maintenance as well as cost recovery through full collection of water fees among users of the irrigation schemes that were developed under LWH-RSSP Projects. The project is being implemented in 8 Districts namely: Gatsibo, Rwamagana and Kayonza in the Eastern Province, Karongi, Rutsiro and Nyabihu in the Western Province, Nyanza in the Southern Province and Rulindo in Northern Province. It is with this background that RYAF wish to recruit highly motivated young individual that will collaborates with the leaders of SHGs, Cooperatives and Water Users Associations to rapidly improve technical and managerial aspects, increase of productivity, access to market and ensuring proper operations and maintenance of infrastructure. Below is the list of positions under recruitment: .
1. Cooperatives officers (5)
1.1. Duties and Responsibilities of Cooperatives officer includes but not limited to:
? Support the cooperative to get all required books and fill in properly
? Support cooperatives in complying with by-laws (procedures, internal rules and regulations);
? Support to speed up the payment of cooperative membership fees
? Coaching and mentoring at least two cooperative members as cooperative support assistants
? Mobilization of cooperative members to get inputs through Smart Nkunganire system
? To ensure and monitor the implementation of ToTs training sessions in line, to sustain
? In collaboration with the cooperatives management committee, prepare the annual work
plan, budget and reports;
Job Skills: Not Specified
1.2. SELECTION CRITERIA
To qualify for this offer, these will be the key requirements:
1. Diploma A2 in any of these fields: Accounting, Agriculture.
2. Not more than 30 years old
3. Experience and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
4. Strong verbal and written, listening and communication skills.
5. Demonstrated attention to detail.
6. Languages Skills in Kinyarwanda, English or French, knowledge of all is an advantage
7. Training experience or work experience in cooperative Management is required
8. Being a resident in that District will be an added advantage(KAYONZA, NYABIHU, KARONGI)
The following are the key guidelines to apply for the above RYAF jobs offer:
1. Application letter addressed to the Corporate Liaison Manager, specifying the district you
wish to work in.
2. Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages with at least 3 professional references,
3. National ID,
4. Latest employment completion certificate,
5. Degrees and certificates copies,
6. Soft copies must be submitted not later than September 24, 2020 at 12:00 am.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8