15 Community Extension Officers
Jobs at:Albertine Rift Conservation Society (ARCOS)
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Albertine Rift Conservation Society (ARCOS) was founded in 1995 with the mission “To enhance biodiversity conservation and sustainable management of natural resources through the promotion of collaborative conservation action for nature and people”. ARCOS is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee in the UK and has offices in Kampala (Uganda) and Kigali (Rwanda). In collaboration with Rwanda Forestry Authority (RFA), ARCOS is implementing a 20-years project on “Building Resilience to Climate Change and Sustainable Livelihoods in Rwanda’s Agro-systems (Agroforestry for Livelihoods Project)”, with support from the Livelihoods Funds. The project covers three landscapes in Rulindo District (Cyohoha, Muyanza and Yanze Landscapes) and one landscape of Bugesera District (Bugesera Landscape). It is in this framework that ARCOS is advertising the positions of Community Extensions Officer and Tree Nursery Managers. .
Main duties (Reporting to Landscape Manager)
• Provide advice and support to farmers and farmer community groups on tree planting and other
project activities including but not limited to sustainable agricultural land management;
• Provide advice and expertise to support Tree Nursery Managers and Environmental Community Advisors;
• Provide technical plans and reports to Landscape Manager and ARCOS Management when required;
• Undertake data collection surveys based on set standards and up-to-date and provide information/evidence/data searches as required;
• Liaise with farmers and landowners and provide follow-up information and advice when required;
• Prepare the documentation to complete regular project reports on progress made as required;
• Work closely with Landscape Manager and Project Team members to ensure project plan is delivered on time to agreed targets;
• Represent ARCOS at meetings with stakeholders as directed by Management;
• Undertake any other tasks commensurate to the position as directed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least BSc degree or equivalent in Forestry, Agriculture, Ecology, Natural Resource Management, Rural Development or related field;
• At least 2 years’ experience in in the field of community development and tree nursery related work;
• An understanding of the community engagement at landscape level;
• Experience of working and negotiating with local government officials, communities and other stakeholders;
• Working experience as community extension officer would be an added advantage;
• Good computer skills; and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda, English and French.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If your background, experience, competencies and skills match the above specifications, please send your application cover letter and CV inclusive of at least two professional references.
All applications should be submitted to the Head of Finance and Administration ( Email: [email protected] ), with a copy to the Senior Programme Manager (Email: [email protected] ).
The deadline for applications is 05.00 pm Kigali Time on November 13th, 2020. For further information, please visit ARCOS Network website at http://www.arcosnetwork.org. Collaboration and diversity are our strengths. ARCOS Network is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on the requirements above.
ARCOS Network reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.