Senior Resettlement Assistant
Jobs at:UNHCR Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. .
– Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
– Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
– Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
– Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
– Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
– Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
– Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
– Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
– Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
– Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
– Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
– Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
– Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
– Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
– Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
– Provide counselling to PoC.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psc/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&SiteID=2&#_ga=2.107635909.676707783.1598854798-639586928.1547570736