Senior Logistics Associate
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Watch this video to know more about us: WFP Corporate Video
JOB TITLE: Senior Logistics Associate
JOB GRADE: Service Contract- Level 7
REPORTING TO: Logistics Officer
DURATION: 12 Months of renewable
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Rwanda, WFP works in partnership with the Government and other stakeholders to support national priorities for achieving food and nutrition security. This is done through direct implementation of integrated programmes targeting the most vulnerable people and strengthening national capacity to design, implement, and manage programmes for achieving zero hunger. Under its Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), WFP’s support revolves around four strategic outcomes (SOs) as follows:
• Strategic Outcome 1 (SO1) is designed to ensure that refugees and returnees in Rwanda have access to adequate and nutritious food at all times.
• SO2 aims to ensure that vulnerable populations in food insecure communities and areas have improved access to adequate and nutritious foods all year.
• SO3 focuses on ensuring that children under 5 years, adolescents, and pregnant and lactating women in Rwanda have improved access to nutritious foods and services to meet their nutritional needs all year.
• SO4 targets smallholder farmers especially women and aims to provide opportunities for increased marketable surplus and access to the agricultural market through efficient supply chains by 2030 .
This job is open in Kigali Country Office. The job holder will report to the Logistics Officer. At this level, the job holder has independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization, and coordination, and setting objectives for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. He deals with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holder consistently demonstrates a high degree of responsibility and initiative to independently manage activities and respond to queries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Logistics Associate will be responsible for the following duties (not all-inclusive):
• Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations
• Gather market intelligence, coordinate various assessments and produce relevant reports for management review
• Manage complex operational issues and provide solutions or recommendations related to all assistance modalities, using initiative and following processes, to ensure the provision of timely resolutions with excellent client service mind-set.
• Prepare, monitor, and revise the budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source/factory to various corridors.
• Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights, and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimize the use of available funds.
• Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information
Job Skills: Not Specified
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. University degree in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Finance; Accounting; Information Management or any other related field is desired.
• Experience: At least five (5) years of practical experience in the field of Supply Chain or Finance
• Language Requirements: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and/or Frenchwith a working knowledge of the other. Fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve the team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues, and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team-building activities to build rapport in their own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within their own team.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in their own work and to help the team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results: Monitors the team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to the team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=126166&company=C0000168410P