This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
– Regularly monitor media and local situation regarding UNHCR.
– Follow-up on administrative and logistical arrangements to organise press briefings and other events, such as workshop and conferences.
– Contribute to the production of information materials for public awareness campaigns and for the preparation of in-house bulletins, newsletters and information kits by contributing to articles, reports and other information gathered from various sources.
– Liaise with printers concerning brochures and publications published by the office.
– Draft routine correspondence and texts for the office’s website and maintain information databases.
– Compile and distribute a daily news clipping service.
– Distribute press statements and similar information to media, to other offices locally as well as to Headquarters.
– Maintain up-to-date filing system and appointments diary.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
International Relations; Journalism; Political Science;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Some work experience relevant to the position. Communication and computer skills. Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
Photography, videography, design and website/social media management.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
CO-Journalism (incl. print, broadcast, photography, video, layout & graphics)
ER-Digital channels including social media, website, mobile, email and online advertising
CO-Web publishing and content management
CO-Digital content production
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The Senior Communications Assistant is supervised by an External Relations Officer. The supervisor provides the incumbent with regular guidance. The incumbent will have frequent contacts involving the exchange of a wide range of information with colleagues within UNHCR as well as media, international organizations, academic institutions and private individuals.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 09 June 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th June, 2021.
Type "Senior Communications Assistant" in Search box