Security Officer and Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:AB Bank Rwanda Plc
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is urgently looking for a security officer and admin assistant. The security Officer and Admin assistant is responsible to provide a high quality security service to clients, staff, and visitors at various facilities within the Bank. The Security Officer and Administrative Assistant is required to provide proactive frontline services in relation to crime, fire prevention, and protection of persons, bank’s properties, and assets. The security officer and Admin assistant reports directly to the Admin officer .
• Develop and/or improve security policies and procedures;
• Ensure that the security policies and procedures are in-placed
• Secure all of the bank’s personnel, premises, and properties (vehicles, etc); monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry;
• Identify, monitor, and offer solutions to risk associated behavior be it among employees, clients or Suppliers or other external persons;
• Assess, recommend and implement improvements regarding physical security breaches or related incidences affecting the Bank’s operations;
• Monitor all bank’s security equipment and control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained;
• Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster physical security awareness within the bank;
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers;
• Ensure the operation of security equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment;
• Initiate and maintain liaison with police and other law enforcement agencies, external agencies, legal departments, and prosecuting Counsel where appropriate;
• Prepare investigation reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities/incidents;
• Assist branch staff and local law enforcement following a branch security incident or robbery including providing electronic surveillance, reviewing security procedures for possible improvement, and reporting results to senior management;
• Ensure regular rounds during the week and weekend to check the physical security of the bank including all the branches and credit outlets;
• To assist in the development, training, and awareness activities of security and the fraud prevention program;
• Manage security personnel and ensure their efficiency;
• Train and updates security personnel in their role on Customer Service and Bank activities;
• Implementation and supervision of the Clean Desk policy and all policies governing confidentiality;
• Assist the Administrative Officer in accomplishing day-to-day administrative tasks and be the direct back-up while Administrative officer is off-duty;
• Monitor the staff and clients‘ compliance to the heightened safety and security measures related to Covid-19. This includes, but not limited to, monitoring staff compliance via security cameras, etc., and then reporting to management any violation thereafter.
Any other tasks that may be required by the supervisor and the Management Team.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree /preferably in a technical oriented field
• Demonstrating excellent communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda both verbally and in writting;
• Anticipating, identifying and promptly addressing any tasks and issues that arise in the area of responsibility;
• Ability to use MS Office Software suite especially Word and Excel tools;
• Respecting of timelines and adherence to deadlines set for the tasks
• Treat confidential information with utmost discretion;
• Having occupied a security officer position in a financial institution will be an added value.
• Ready to work outside the normal working hours in case required by the supervisor.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at: [email protected] Deadline: 28th December 2020