Regional Programme Director
Jobs at:Spark Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional Director is the leader of one of SPARK’s regional hubs and is accountable for all programmes and projects executed in Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and Liberia. We look for a seasoned people manager to guide current activities and staff as well as somebody with an entrepreneurial and innovative attitude to facilitate growth.
The Regional Director is the direct people manager to the country managers of Burundi, South Sudan and Liberia, the programme managers in Rwanda, and the regional support team in the hub. In addition, the RPD is directly managing the Rwanda country office. He/she reports to the Director of Programmes and is an active member of SPARK’s Core Team dealing with organisation and programme related to strategic planning. .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership and oversee Country Managers to ensure that programmes in the region are implemented within budget and meet agreed KPIs as per agreement with donors and partner organizations. Stimulate impact oriented implementation and adapt programme interventions and approaches based on context changes.
• Provide Leadership and Management to the operations of the Rwanda projects to ensure an efficient and effective high-impact implementation (achieving the planned project goals, deliverables, tasks, costs and deadlines).
• Ensure timely and quality technical and financial reporting as per the scheme and instruments concluded with the Donor and Programme Partners in the Region.
• Provide critical input into the monitoring and evaluations of the Region's programmes and ensure structured Learning and dissemination of insights, both internally as externally, in the Region
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements and Skills
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, including significant experience in (agri-) entrepreneurship/SME development and job creation;
• Academic degree in a relevant discipline;
• An entrepreneurial attitude and proven track record in program development and acquisition;
• Experience with large multi-donor, multi-country, multi-year programmes;
• Proven experience in (digital) SME and/or rural financing and in youth and woman inclusion are an added value;
• A people centric attitude and experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds;
• Tactful, excellent communication, presentation and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
• Ability to identify and tackle (culturally) sensitive matters;
• Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
• High energy, flexible, pro-active and service minded;
• Experience working and living in Sub-Saharan African countries;
• Full professional proficiency in English. French and Kinyarwanda are assets.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website http://www.spark-online.org. For further questions, you can contact Esther Bosgra through [email protected] Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/291
The deadline for application is 3rd of January 2021. Reference: Regional Programme Director. All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.