RE-JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT INTERNAL AUDITOR SPECIALIST FOR THE AFRICAN CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
The University of Rwanda is a Public Institution of Higher Learning committed to support the development of the country through the generation and advancement of knowledge and innovation among other core activities. The University of Rwanda through the Single Project Implementation Unit (UR-SPIU) is implementing four (4) African Centers of Excellence (ACEs) under the Eastern and Southern African Higher Education Centers of Excellence Project funded by World Bank.
To ensure optimal functioning of ACEs, UR-SPIU calls for qualified and motivated candidates to apply for the following position.
INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST (I POSITION)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and perform audits for African Centers of Excellence (ACEs);
- Designs the audit plan for ACEs with clear timelines;
- Develop audit processes and guidelines, standard tools and procedures to improve quality and effectiveness of deliverables as per funder requirements;
- Liaise with Internal Audit Directorate of the University of Rwanda to ensure Annual Audit Plan for UR includes audit of ACEs;
- Follow up and Ensure timely implementation of external audit recommendations as well as timely implementation of World Bank supervision mission recommendations;
- In collaboration with ACEs Directors and administrative staff ensure project complies with World Bank and Government of Rwanda guidelines/ requirements;
- Providing advisory services and solutions to financial and internal controls;
- Work closely with UR Audit Committee
- Give advice on the appropriateness of management and financial records;
- Following up audit recommendations and reporting;
- Keep audit documentations according to established standards, perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree with Specialization in Finance, Accounting, Public Finance, Auditing, Banking, Management and a full Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA, CIMA) with at least 5 years’ experience in auditing, public finance policies, regulations and procedures;
- Experience of working in projects is an added advantage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing, public finance policies, regulations and procedures;
- Excellent managerial skills, great teamwork, strong analytical skills, strong attention to detail skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills, both written and verbal.
The title of the position should be clearly indicated and application file must be a single PDF file and should contain the following documents:
- Application letter in English addressed to UR-SPIU Coordinator
- A detailed Curriculum Vital
- A copy of academic degree and academic transcripts
- A copy of proof of previous relevant experience
- A copy of ID
The deadline for submission of the application is set on 09th October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test.