Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This job is open in Rwanda Country Office/Karongi Field Office and the job holder will report to the Head of Field Office. At this level, the job holder will be expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only minimal guidance. This position requires an experienced individual with degree of judgement in dealing with unforeseen operational problems daily and is expected to manage resources, coach and coordinate staff. Within the delegated authority, Programme Associate will be responsible for providing effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs. She/he will oversee overall coordination of the field activities and serve as Officer in Charge during the absence of Head of Field Office. .
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
• Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
• Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Serve as Officer in Charge during the absence of Head of Field Office and ensure the smooth development and programmes in place.
Job Skills: Not Specified
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Completion of University degree in Social development studies, project management, business administration and other related studies.
• Experience: 6 or more years of practical experience in the field of programmes implementation at field level or monitoring and evaluation
• Language Requirements: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and/or Frenchwith a working knowledge of the other.
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=127702&_ga=2.105406853.708671279.1604647914-1989320276.1604647914