Jobs at:Vanguard Economics Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rockefeller Foundation (RF) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have partnered in East Africa on an initiative to leverage the power of institutional purchasing to improve diets and nutrition for the most vulnerable. This initiative, named the Power of Procurement for Nutrition (PP4N), aims to make meals and menus of institutional channels such as school feeding, food assistance, and other public and private procurement programs more nutritious as budget-neutrally as possible.
The first step of this joint effort is a school feeding pilot program in Rwanda to replace unfortified maize flour with fortified whole maize flour in meals in select schools, comprising a mix of schools receiving meals from WFP and Government/private schools. Whole grains and derived products are far more nutritious than their refined counterparts and replacing unfortified flours with fortified whole grain flours is a nutrition-positive, budget-neutral intervention that can significantly improve diets of beneficiaries and consumers. .
Company registration number: 103725311
• Be a member of the management team for the Rwanda school feeding PP4N pilot
• Mobilize and coordinate the school feeding pilot, including workplan development, changes to food procurement and delivery, as well as SBCC and monitoring and evaluation planning and execution in alignment with ongoing WFP and partner priorities and activities.
• Support WFP school feeding team in coordination with partners on the ground in Rwanda to ensure pilot success and learnings for program refinement and scale-up, including the Ministry of Education, National Child
Development Agency, Ministry of Local Government, as well as particularly the coordination with Vanguard Economics, and food processors, as well as with the Rockefeller Foundation
• In liaison with different WFP units (SO3, SO4, supply chain, etc), and project partners to develop strategies and concepts to scale up the opportunities presented in the PP4N country mapping for Rwanda, beyond the school feeding pilot.
• Engage with WFP Burundi, and potentially other WFP country offices and relevant local partners, to explore PP4N opportunities in that country, coordinating feasibility assessments, developing operational models, concept notes and plans.
• Liaise with relevant areas and leads at WFP’s regional office in Nairobi to coordinate project strategy and knowledge management to inform regional partnership expansion efforts.
• Support the development of concept notes and proposals for incremental PP4N funding
• Act as the interim PP4N lead for the countries under WFP’s RBN responsibility
• Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) materials developed by Vanguard Economics in collaboration and with input from the WFP and key partners;
• Monitoring and Evaluation framework designed and aligned with WFP standards
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Ability
• Relevant degree in management, economics, nutrition, agribusiness, finance, or other relevant disciplines
• At least three years of experience in international development, preferably in the food and nutrition security space
• Entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and “can-do” attitude, with flexibility and resourcefulness
• Ability to drive change and innovation even in the face of ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal and influence skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organization
• Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills
• Strong analytical skills
• An attitude of learning, humility, and continuous learning and improvement
• Fluency in English; knowledge of French a plus
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=34857