Jobs at:VSO International
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Salary: To Be Advised
Contract type: Permanent
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 14 Nov 2020
Interview date: To be advised
Start date: As soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty. .
• Collecting individual programs procurement plans and consolidating the plans into one grand plan that results into cost effective, economical, and efficient plan.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual procurement cash forecast for finance department use in cash-flow planning.
• Participating in and contributing to programs operational planning in order to understand procurement needs and support the procurement planning for the organization.
• Coordinating the feedback and communication to all bidders to ensure an effective and transparent system that communicates positive and or constructive feedback to the bidders in a timely manner.
• Providing Evaluation documentation to the appropriate managers, procurement committee members, technical staff that demonstrates a transparent and effective / efficient procurement process.
• Liaising and work with the procurement committee to review and update the criteria selection for supplier selection.
• Developing and maintain an annual vendor list and ensuring that each selected / identified vendor has an operating contract and that this contract is managed for successful performance.
• As a member of the procurement committee ensure that all documentation required for analysis and or review is prepared and presented to the committee for comprehensive decision making.
• Process specific purchase orders and establish contracts with suppliers, ensure all related information is available in the local database or filing system.
• Negotiate purchase conditions and purchase all specific goods and services as specified in the requests.
• Consulting with all stakeholders in order to fully understand their requirements, advising them as appropriate.
• Follow-up the procurement process until goods are delivered by the supplier.
• Analyze requests of purchasing and services, including consultant, before starting the procurement process and make sure information are accurate.
• Liaising and working with the finance department review supplier bills so that they are reconciled against LPO’s initiating payment if the bill is accurate and negotiating with suppliers if not.
• Preparing a Procurement Status Report (PSR)/ Dashboard as and when it is needed.
• Following Procurement standard operating procedures( SOP’)s at all times and gather required number of bids from approved suppliers for each purchase.
• Monitoring supplier performance, working with suppliers on issues management and changes as required.
• Keeping users informed, by producing the procurement status report, concerning the status of procurement requests and anticipated delivery times, especially in the case of delays or problems.
• Broad skills across the Procurement function/process.
• Project management skills.
• Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
• Well-developed planning and organization skills.
• Confident and clear oral and written communication skills for proactively informing, advising, and training staff
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• Ability to manage difficult situations and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Desirable Criteria: (skills that could be an advantage in the role)
• Must be able to work with less supervision.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Office applications efficiently
• Must have track record of integrity.
• Must have experience of working effectively and comfortably in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams in a large
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• A professional qualification in procurement and supply chain management is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• Experience of proactively building and managing positive working relationships.
• Experience of managing budgets and reporting progress.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply