Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Undercontract)
Jobs at:Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion
Deadline of this Job:
25 June 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main function of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation specialist will be to: i) Work closely with the SPIU Manager in day to day management of the MIGEPROF SPIU projects; ii) Take the lead on the planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects under MIGEPROF SPIU to ensure proper and systematic collection of data necessary to measure the progress towards outcomes and projects development objective. He/she will work in close coordination with planning, monitoring and evaluation experts from the Ministry and other MIGEPROF project implementing partners. The planning, monitoring and evaluation specialist will work under the supervision of the Program Manager within the MIGEPROF SPIU. .
Specific Tasks and Deliverables
• Support the coordination and the technical team in development and application of SPIU Project Implementation Manuals (PIM) related to planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Support in the preparation of annual work plan and budget (AWPB) in close with collaboration with program manager and the technical team.
• Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation plan to facilitate monitoring of the projects under MIGEPROF SPIU.
• Support the program manager in coordination and collaboration with other line ministries and agencies involved in implementation of gender, women empowerment and children protection projects.
• Lead with the program manager the development of management information systems.
• Ensure consolidation and entry of quality data in projects management information systems.
• Develop and update Monitoring and Evaluation tools and action plan for SPIU project activities as needed.
• Collect and process data on outputs delivered by all partners and survey to be carried.
• Organize in close coordination with program manager a timely implementation of annual independent evaluation to assess overall progress towards outcomes and development objectives of SPIU projects.
• Organize the implementation of other studies, field visits, evaluations / surveys as identified /recommended by technical committee or steering committee meetings including development of ToRs, follow up on studies and ensuring quality deliverables.
• Be a focal person for cross country impact evaluation, for donors and support the impact evaluation by monitoring the work of the contracted impact evaluation firm and assisting in key tasks such as developing a sample frame, developing monitoring and evaluation questions.
• Produce quarterly reports and coordinate review meetings about the progress
• Ensure timely collection of data for the result framework of the SPIU projects and provide updates on indicators as requested by stakeholders.
• Produce periodic reports (semi – annually) to be submitted to the steering committee.
• Support the program manager in preparing quarterly, semi – annual and annual technical and financial reports about the implementation status of the projects under SPIU.
• Ensure that donor implementation support missions, audit and evaluation recommendations related to Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation are implemented
• Perform any other duties in line with SPIU project activities that may be assigned to him/her by the program manager
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
• Comprehensive knowledge of results based management, logical framework approach, strategic planning processes and tools
• Knowledge of Rwanda's Public service and labour, Sector Policies and Strategies;
• Experience in drafting Action Plans and Operational Plans;
• Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts, systems and tools;
• Experience in conducting policy analysis and draft policy proposals.
• A0 in Business Administration, Public Administration, Development Studies, Public Policy and Management, Economics, Management, Strategic Planning, Project Planning and management with 3 years of working experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, statistics or policy formulation or
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Development Studies, Public Policy and Management, Economics, Management, Strategic Planning, Project Planning and Management .
Job Education Requirements: Master's/A0 Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 1/3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: