Jobs at:UAP Group
Deadline of this Job:
10th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role holder will be in charge of developing the business, overseeing the technical functions and profitability by managing its activities that ensures maximum availability and demand for the company’s products as well as sustainable, profitable business operations.
Operations Manager .
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Oversee the execution of the company’s operation strategy
• Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of the company’s strategy and compliance with the set budgets
• Ongoing review of the company’s strategy and ensure its effectiveness
• Oversee the underwriting, claims and product development functions in the company
• Work with the Group Underwriting function to develop and maintain a robust reinsurance program
• Enhance operational efficiency for the underwriting, claims and customer service functions
• Implement the company’s business growth strategy
• Monitor the productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the company’s distribution channels
Operations and Customer Service
• Put in place standards for the company and inter-departmental service level agreements that will improve the company’s service ratings
• Ensure that proper operating guidelines are in place and are aligned to the company’s policy and regulatory requirements and monitor compliance
• Ensure that service to customers and producers meet their expectations
• Support the company’s strategic plan by ensuring a reliable customer relationship management system
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels, effective performance management and motivation of staff
Skills and competencies
• Ability to develop the company’s business strategy and its implementation
• Ability to manage human capital for optimal return to the business
• Ability to make presentations and communicate at all levels
• Ability to work with minimum guidance and supervision in achieving the department’s overall strategy and goals
Academic/Professional Qualifications and experience
• University degree and MBA qualification with relevant professional qualification
• Full Insurance/ACII qualification
• Full awareness and appreciation of profit dynamics in a financial institution
• Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
• Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Knowledge of new and evolving technology systems
Job Education Requirements: University degree and MB
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and resume (in 1 document) not later than 10th October 2019, by using the " Apply for this job "
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.