National Project Coordinator
Jobs at:FAO Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The TA-RDDP National Project Manager will coordinate FAO’s Technical Assistance and assist the international consultants to support the RDDP in the areas of Extension and advisory services (EAS) through the implementation of the existing livestock farmer field School (LFFS); Implementation Plan for animal genetic resources and dairy cattle genetic improvement programme including a plan for conservation of local bovine genetic resources; and Livestock Identification and Traceability System (RWALITS). He/She will serve as the liaison between FAO Rwanda and the SPIU team and participate (on behalf of FAO) to the TA-RDDP team to allow synergies between FAO TA reports and RDDP reports. .
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will undertake the following tasks:
• Undertake the day-to-day coordination, planning and monitoring of activities to ensure timely provision of both administrative and technical support services;
• Closely liaise with the RDDP Project Coordination and MINAGRI to maintain a good working relationship for implementation of FAO’s project activities.
• Ensure that appropriate linkages are established between the project activities and other relevant programs in Rwanda.
• Contribute to the preparation of the Terms of Reference (ToR), identification and selection of national consultants;
• Organize project meetings and workshops, as required and in close collaboration with the RDDP Management;
• Ensure that project activities and results are promoted through FAO Rwanda communication channels;
• Organize and participate in project management meetings and Technical Working Groups.
• Prepare and finalize all progress and final narrative reports prior to the corresponding deadlines indicated in the Project Document.
• Perform other related duties as required
Job Skills: Not Specified
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal sciences, Animal production and other related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years practical experience after graduation in the field of Veterinary Medicine, Animal sciences, Animal production.
• A minimum of 5 years after graduation in projects/programmes management.
• Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
• National of Rwanda.
• Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda would be an added advantage as well as proven experience and skills in working with UN system in the areas of Veterinary Medicine and Animal production. The same applies for knowledge and understanding of FAO project cycle.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Working experience in coordinating the development and implementation of integrated dairy strategies aligned with national strategies, policies and donor priorities and following organization standards.
• Working experience in promoting the improved dairy to fight food insecurity among vulnerable communities is highly desirable.
• Work experience on Dairy industry promotion in Rwanda
• Skills in project management of integrated Food Security projects
• Sound understanding of ongoing programmes and policies in Dairy industry in Rwanda.
• Experience in working with nutrition partners and stakeholders at different levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, drafting skills, both written and verbal.
• Female applications are strongly encouraged.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
• For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/