Jobs at:Pro-femmes/Twese Hamwe (Pfth)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is a civil society umbrella organization whose mandate is the advancement of Women, Peace, and Development in Rwanda. Pro-Femmes represent 53 member organizations. .
Key duties and responsibility
• Receive Women in Informal Cross Border Trade and other legal aid service providers;
• Manage Women in Informal Cross Border Trade’s files in an ethical and professional manner;
• Give relevant legal advice and opinion on case of Women in Informal Cross Border Trade received;
• Perform due diligence on cases received and advice Management on any decisions to offer or not to offer legal aid;
• Identify and prepare cases for legal representation and handle them to lawyers;
• Accompany Women in Informal Cross Border Trade to any administrative institutions for legal advocacy purposes;
• Collaborate with other legal aid providers, at the border, district and others;
• Carry out mediation and reconciliation on cases that require and only if parties are willing;
• Prepare reports on cases for management;
Organize legal aid mobile clinics in the community around borders and other project-related
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Bachelors’ Degree in Law;
• A minimum of 3 years as a practicing law/ advocate or delivering similar services in NGO or Government institution;
• Be passionate about legal aid services for the poor and vulnerable persons and access to justice in general;
• Knowledge of Rwandan legal framework on gender, GBV, Women rights, SRHR, and matrimonial and child protection;
• Skills and knowledge on Cross Border Trade laws, National trade policies and strategies, treaties and other frameworks within EAC and COMESSA countries;
• Be familiar with civil society works in gender, women empowerments and GBV prevention;
• Able to prepare legal opinions and briefs;
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision;
• An excellent written and oral communication skill in English, French, and Kinyarwanda, Swahili is an added value.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in a single PDF document to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s email [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] not later than 14th September 2020 at 4:00 pm. PFTH is an equal opportunity employer and Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
• The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Application for the position of ————-”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
KIGALI, 3rd September 2020.
KANAKUZE Jeanne d’Arc
Chairperson Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe