Exciting Career Opportunity
Are you ambitious and seeking for a career rewarding challenge to propel you to the next level?
Unguka Bank Plc is looking for a qualified, self-driven, competent, and committed ‘ Junior Database administrator ’ reporting to the Head of Information and Technologies Department.
The Junior Database administrator will assist the Senior DBA on maintaining the bank’s database systems including performance tuning, monitoring critical events, back-up/restore, archiving, reporting and documentation. And Extracting, Developing, and integrating various end users reports using oracle scripts.
- Control and monitor user access permission and privileges to the database.
- Enrol users and maintain database security.
- Perform and maintain Backups and restoring databases.
- Monitor database performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS.
- Ensure storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Work closely with the Core Banking Vendor and consultants for new application database management and integrity.
- Performs end financial activities (EOD, EOM, and EOY) regularly.
- Document and communicate database logs and errors to the Vendor.
- Extract, Develop and integrate various end users reports using oracle scripts.
- Perform other database administration related tasks.
- Manage and Monitor database replications.
- Other tasks assigned by his hierarchical supervisor.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems, management information systems or the equivalent.
- Relevant database professional certifications in Oracle is a critical added value
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Key Behaviours & Abilities
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
- High level of personal ethic and integrity
- Excellent strategic thinking, process management, and problem-solving skills;
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and innovation.
How to apply:
If you believe your career objectives matches this position, send your application letter, academic transcripts, and CV with three referees to [email protected] , with the position you are applying for in subject line not later than March 1 st , 2021 at 4:00 pm .
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.