IAG-R Technical Coordinator
Jobs at:Rwanda Girl Guides Association (AGR)
Deadline of this Job:
20th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role: IAG-R Technical Coordinator
Organization: Association des Guides du Rwanda
Reports to: Head of Programs
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is a national non-governmental organization operating in Rwanda since 1980. It is a voluntary girl-serving organization dedicated to girls and young women. We offer a wide range of non-formal educational programmes and activities, encouraging girls and young women to develop their own special personalities, make a contribution to their community, and form friendships in a positive environment.
a. Overview of the role
In August 2018, the Department for International Development (DFID) approved an investment of up to £12.5 over the next five years (2019-2024) to fund the second phase of work supporting adolescents known as 12+ Programme. The programme – Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda (IAG-R) – will build on the first phase of work and provide up to 200,000 adolescents with the knowledge and capabilities needed to achieve their full potential, make better choices, take advantage of opportunities and better manage risk.
AGR being one of the implementing partners bidding for DFID and currently seeking an overall Technical Coordinator to manage the delivery of IAG-R programme at AGR level. This role is subject to the approval of funding and contingent on DFID approval of the candidate..
• Leading staff recruitment process, procedures, and overall management
• Ensuring that work plans (quarterly and annual) are elaborated in a participatory manner with technical staff for more understanding and ownership
• Transmission of an annual work plan to relevant partners for review and approval
• Ensuring that budget elaboration and execution is in line with programmatic part
• Ensuring that IAG-R work plans are integrated into District work plans
• Meeting District authorities on a quarterly basis to provide an update on IAG-R implementation progress and request of needed support to local authorities for community participation and mobilization for the success of the Program interventions
• Ensuring supportive supervision to technical and administrative staff in the implementation of activities
• Represent AGR at all level of implementation, especially to serve as a linkage between AGR and other Implementing Agencies
• Participation in monthly oversight meeting with other implementing agencies representative and other stakeholders in IAG-R Program implementation
• Review, edit, and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports
• Perform any other duties assigned by hierarchy
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master's degree in Early Childhood Development, Psychology, Social Sciences, Education, Gender and Development Studies or related disciplines
• A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in any of the above-mentioned areas
• Ability to work independently; willingness to work with the communities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with communities and colleagues;
• Demonstrated experience in program design, implementation; including participatory approaches
• Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with implementing partners, donors, and government counterparts
• Experience overseeing projects addressing social-cultural norms
• Experience in women and girls-centered programming approach will be an advantage
• Experience in gender programming, particularly with adolescent girls programming – integrating life skills, financial literacy, ASRH, SRGBV components
• Demonstrated experience of collaborating with large teams.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Gender issues
• Previous experience with AGR (beneficiaries, volunteers, etc.) is an added value.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
The interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume with their salary proposal not later than 20 September 2019 at 5:00 pm at AGR National Centre located in Kanserege Cell, Gikondo Sector, Kicukiro District KK 39, No 34. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.