- Company: Human Resource and Administration Division Manager (HRA-DM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Rwanda
1. Coordinate strategic human resource management Procedures, manuals, systems and Policies in line with public services rules and regulations.
? Prepare and implement the annual human resource plan, manual and projects in HR to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the institution.
? Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching restructuring of Services, terms and conditions of employment, performance management and / or on HR compliance and risk factors to support on the full range of HR activities.
? Manage staff welfare and disciplinary matters in conjunction with the Director of Corporate Services.
? Ensure change Management and Lead programs that are aimed at improving employee morale.
? Identify and analyze current institution effectiveness and propose solutions to address the gaps.
? Ensure effective communications to staff, employee relations and team work thus conducive work environment
2. Coordinate recruitment process
? Approve identified vacant posts and Analyze requirement for each vacancy, in relation to job s and specifications.
? Advise on the process of advertisement of vacancies and assess applications for proper selection of eligible applicants (shortlisting).
? Coordinate the preparation of testing of shortlisted applicants.
? Ensure that recruitment report is produced and the appointment of successful candidates is done.
? Advise UR management on the induction and orientation of new employees.
3. Staff benefits and Compensation Administration ? Coordinate staff monthly salaries and allowances preparations;
? Manage monthly and quarterly statutory contributions;
? Ensure annual bonus and horizontal promotion of staff are well prepared.
? Monitor personnel records and ensure their safety;
? Ensure annual leave plan for the University of Rwanda staff is provided;
? Ensure preparation staff terminal benefits, retirement bonus, Work certificates, salary certificates and Certificate of services rendered.
4. Coordinate College & Campuses Administration and Human Resource Units ? Ensure effective flow of information on policies, procedures, audits and manuals which concern human resource management from university to college level.
? Organize sessions, roundtables, and workshops on HR development and other related issues.
? Advocacy and mediation as well as representation of university of HR related issues in other institution/ stakeholders of the University.
? Oversee all HR activities and information from colleges and campuses to be analyzed and assessed in order to be harmonized and institutionalize them.
5. Coordinate the staff Capacity development ? Develop the annual capacity building plan for staff and ensure its execution
? Insure close collaboration with relevant institution to implement training plans and budget.
? Administer execution of the approved training and coaching plan including sourcing of trainers and coaches and keep training evaluation reports.
? Coordinate internal movement of all staff
? Lead Documentation of best practices and lessons learned as appropriate success indicator for capacity building programme to influence policy/plan evolution of CBP.
6. Ensure Management of staff performance and evaluation ? Provide advice on performance management process. Custodian of effective performance management practices.
? Ensure that performance management is standardized and that all employees are informed of and trained in the application of the performance management model and system.
? Monitoring the implementation of the performance appraisal and ensuring that mid
– term and annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
? Consolidating Reports on the results of performance appraisal.
7. Coordinate Employee services and Counseling ? Minimize work related conflict among staff for effective and high performance
? Implementation of cost effective program to motivate and Retain staff
? Coordinate leave Management
? Mediating senior managers and the rest of staff (Bridging the gaps between two levels
? Continuous adoption of HR best practice.
8. Seek partnership (working relations) with Internal and External HR related institutions to implement training plan to enhance capability and competency of UR staff. ? Look for internal and external capacity building stakeholders (SIDA, NCBS, RMI Etc…)
? Oversee the organization sessions with stakeholders in the capacity building arena and present to them CB plan, budget and work together to find solution some issues (fund).
a) Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration
b) Five (5) years’ experience in human resource management in big and complex organizations, three (3) of which must have been at managerial (Director or equivalent) level
c) Comprehensive knowledge of the Rwandan Public Sector human resource policies, regulations and procedures.
d) Comprehensive understanding of Human Resources’ Life Cycle Management Information Systems such as IPPIS, iEBMIS etc
e) Certification in HRM Professional Bodies will be an advantage