Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights and democracy.
Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance. .
NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is a member of the senior management team, working in collaboration with the Country Director, Programme Manager and the Administration/HR Manager, and leading the finance team.
The Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position include:
• Acting as a focal point in the senior management team and the wider Country Programme on all finance related queries while ensuring close cooperation with budget holders and support to the programme.
• Management of a team of 3 finance professionals.
• In conjunction with external auditors, leading on the delivery of an annual institutional audit in addition to supporting the auditors to conduct annual audits of all partners.
• Leading on the provision of all financial reporting to the Rwandan authorities and Donors.
• Ensuring close financial monitoring of all NPA Partners while taking appropriate action to address capacity development needs when necessary.
• Building capacity within the finance team, programme and among Partners in all aspects of financial management.
• Scrutinising Partner budgets while ensuring all Partner expenditure is always consistent with NPA financial policies and achieves value for money.
• Developing Donor budgets,
• Overseeing the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, payroll, fixed assets register etc while ensuring NPA continues to be in compliance with local taxation requirements.
• Identify and assess risks facing the programme and develop mitigation strategies along with the Country Director.
Relevant higher education in Finance or accounting.
• Excellent leadership skills with a documented track record of achieving excellent results.
• At least 7 years’ experience as a successful Finance Manager, preferably with another INGO or similar.
• Experience managing multiple grants with a total turnover of more than US$ 5 million.
• Experience working with and building the financial capacity of Civil Society Partners.
• Experience in fundraising and maintaining good donor relations.
• At least 5 years experience managing small to medium-sized teams.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff and achieve results through others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player and leader
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibly to manage changing priorities
• High-level English language proficiency, both written and oral.
• Good IT skills and previous experience with accounting software, preferably Agresso or similar.
• A willingness and ability to regularly travel domestically (and sometimes internationally) in support of NPA objectives.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competences and an updated CV to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to [email protected] or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.