Deadline of this Job:
9th November 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Coordinator, Rwanda at Educate!
Educate! is seeking a superb Finance Coordinator to work in our operations department in Rwanda. As a Finance Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining the accounts records in compliance to Educate! procedures, preparing internal & external financial reports and preparing and recommending budget procedures. She/he will also be responsible for providing termly financial compliance refresher training to all Educate! staff. The role involves managing cash flows and management of mobile money platform and related funds reimbursement.
The Finance Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Operations and Partnership and Program Managers to provide Rwanda monthly financials and BVAs. This role requires strong interpersonal skills since the person will be answering all the finance-related questions to the staff and also orient new staff on finance policies and procedures. He/she will also collaborate closely with the global finance team and the field staff to generate new ideas in finance.
The Finance Coordinator will report to the Deputy Operations Manager and will directly supervise the Finance and Office Assistants
Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise that prepares youth in Africa with 21-century skills to succeed in today’s economy. We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. We’ve massively scaled up our program in the past several years, growing more than 4x since 2014. In 2019, we’re working in over 400 secondary schools in Rwanda, 60 pilot schools in Kenya, and over 800 schools in Uganda reaching over 42,000 students intensively and 530,000 more broadly. Our model has proven to have massive impact — after the program, students earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 44% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
Educate!’s team includes almost 200 staff and almost 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards, and was featured by Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution. .
Accounts – 40%
• Manage cash flow i.e. projections efficiently. Share Budgets Vs Actual with all budget holders, anticipate challenges with the budgets and propose innovative solutions.
• Advise the Director of Operations and Partnerships on budgetary implications activities.
• Ensure latest version of annual budget is input in QuickBooks.
• Provide Rwanda monthly financials and BVAs
• Ensure full compliance with Rwanda Revenue Authority tax payment and returns requirements
Financial Compliance – 10%
• Train staff in all relevant financial transactions, tools and procedures
• Liaising with the Program Support Officer to Ensure that finance communication and updates are included in the monthly communication.
• Orient new staff on financial policies and procedures
• Coordinate systems for feedback from the field
• Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and management reports
• Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
• External Audit report and Financial Statements: Coordinate external audit materials and be a check on financial statements prepared by the external auditors.
• Coordinating systems for feedback from the field
• Ensuring payments accuracy and timelines
• Implementing procedures and policies to ensure adherence to Educate! guidelines
• Ensure that all payments are recorded in the cash book
• Manage mobile money platform and related funds disbursements
• Undergraduate degree
• 4 years in a busy and accounting role
• Excel and QuickBooks knowledge
• Passionate about the youth
• Strong interpersonal skills, great administrator
• Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? Below
• Based on our growing office in Kigali
• Compensation will be competitive for the social enterprise sector and commensurate with experience.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To Apply Visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/1908652