Finance Assistant, Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
9th November 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Assistant, Rwanda
Educate! is seeking a superb Finance Assistant to work in our operations department in Rwanda. As a Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for posting all finance transactions into QuickBooks, or any other accounts package that Educate! can use, maintain detailed records of supporting documentation for all payment transactions. She/he will also be responsible for following up on advances with managers before the close of a monthly report.
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Coordinator to manage staff advance requisitions in QuickBooks through reviewing accountabilities and reconciliations. This role requires strong attention to detail, excel and QuickBooks knowledge since the person will be in charge of reviewing and verifying all invoices and preparing vouchers. He/she will also collaborate closely with the global finance team and the field staff to generate new ideas in finance.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Coordinator.
Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise that prepares youth in Africa with 21-century skills to succeed in today’s economy. We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. We’ve massively scaled up our program in the past several years, growing more than 4x since 2014. In 2019, we’re working in over 400 secondary schools in Rwanda, 60 pilot schools in Kenya, and over 800 schools in Uganda reaching over 42,000 students intensively and 530,000 more broadly. Our model has proven to have a massive impact — after the program, students earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 44% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
Educate!’s team includes almost 200 staff and almost 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards, and was featured by Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution. .
QuickBooks Posting – 30%
• Preparing journal vouchers
• Enter all journal entries into the accounting software
• Reconcile Ledger Accounts.
• Produce daily transactions posting report
• Maintain detailed records of supporting documentation for all payments transactions
• Ensure all documents are stamped and filed appropriately
• Verify completeness of all vouchers prior to posting ensuring that all necessary attachments are included
Accounts Receivable (20%)
• Follow up on accounts receivables before closing the report
• Follow up with managers to ensure that advances are accounted for on time
• Manage staff advances requisitions in QuickBooks, through reviewing accountabilities, reviewing reconciliations
• Provide status reports to staff on a weekly basis
• Receiving and reviewing invoices and preparing vouchers
• Receiving and verifying requisitions and preparing vouchers
• Paying vendors and responding to all inquiries regarding finance
• Disbursement of petty cash
• Undergraduate Degree
• 1 year in a busy accounting and operations role
• Excel and QuickBooks knowledge
• Passionate about the youth
• Strong interpersonal skills, great administrator
• Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
• Based in our growing office in Kigali
• Six months’ contract with possibility of extension
• Compensation will be competitive for the social enterprise sector and commensurate with experience.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To Apply Visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/1907306