- Company: Ministry Of Education
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
• Coordinate and supervise all JOB Program and financial related activities under the project.
• Work with the Financial Management Specialist, in the preparation of financial statements;
• Manage, provide advice to the MINEDUC- SPIU team on daily basis on program management, financial and accountability activities;
• Provide guidance for financial planning and decisions;
• Enforce adherence to financial policy, program regulations and professional practices in all program related activities including financial transactions;
• Ensure proper documentation of support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
• Provide guidance and technical support to the MINEDUC – SPIU team on proper management and accountability for the financial resources of the Ministry projects.
• Ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual financial reports are prepared in accordance with funder/donor and Government of Rwanda procedures and regulations and submitted on timely basis to the relevant organs and institutions.
• Supervise and ensure regular follow up of project monitoring or project budget execution reports (including IFRs) and update management on progress
• Participate in the development of MINEDUC – SPIU annual action plans and annual budget;
• Consolidate periodical financial reports of projects;
• Produce progress reports of budget execution of the MINEDUC – SPIU;
• Ensure that the management of project funds, human resources, and MINEDUC – SPIU assets are managed in accordance with legal provisions related to the management of public finances and property, as well as donors’ procedures and requirements;
• Identify budget gaps and propose budget revision.. Supervise all activities within the program
• Establish a technical, administration and financial monitoring system that enables the identification and problems solving;
• Follow up of day to day activities performed by the subordinates in the program;
• Ensure payments are done within reasonable time;
• Ensure quality of accounting records in accordance with accounting standards and principles
• Regular monitoring of employee performance contracts signing and appraisal in the Program
• Facilitate internal and external audits
• Prepare the necessary records for internal and external audits
• Disseminate laws and regulations regarding to taxes and taxes exemptions
• Ensure that MINEDUC- SPIU complies with regulations and instructions regarding payments.
• Put in place efficient and effective internal controls systems.
• Human resource management
• Ensure proper management of employment contracts is in place, including renewal and termination of employment contracts
• Ensure that staff performance appraisal is conducted on time
• Follow up employee disciplinary cases
The Finance and Administration Program Manager will be stationed at the MINEDUC – SPIU office in Kigali and will be travelling across the Country as may be required from time to time.
The appointment will be on contract basis of 1 Year renewable based on performance.
Human resource management
Ensure proper management of employment contracts is in place, including renewal and termination of employment contracts
Ensure that staff performance appraisal is conducted on time
Follow up employee disciplinary cases
The Finance and Administration Program Manager will be stationed at the MINEDUC- SPIU office in Kigali and will be travelling across the Country for the need basis.
The appointment will be on contract basis for a period of 1 Year with a possibility of renewal based on performance.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A successful candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5 Years of experience in managerial position in the same field;
• Bachelor’s degree specializing in Finance or Accounting with at least Part II of Professional Qualifications like ACCA or CPA with 5 Years of experience in managerial position in the same field;
• Having Professional Qualifications like ACCA or CPA with 3 Years of relevant experience in the field of finance and accounting;
• Having a relevant professional experience in project management, including coordinating and managing administrative offices of multi – disciplinary team of specialists;
• Some of these management should include oversight over donor funded projects preferable World Bank funded projects;
• Extensive knowledge in project management, accountancy, budget management and treasury management; advanced skills in computer applications like IFMS and other accounting software;
• Proven team management experience; leadership and organizational skills;
• Superb verbal and written communication skills;
• The manager must also be able to multi – task, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team, even under stressful conditions.