Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, is seeking Finance and Accounting Manager for the anticipated DFID-funded ‘Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda’ (IAG-R) programme, an approximately £12 million programme to be implemented over four years as the second phase of the DFID-funded 12+ programme supporting adolescent girls in Rwanda.
The programme will provide up to 200,000 adolescents with the knowledge and capabilities needed to achieve their full potential, make better choices, take advantage of opportunities and better manage risk.
We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Finance and Accounting Manager
The Finance and Accounting Manager will oversee and ensure the overall financial management of the project. The Finance and Accounting Manager will also oversee processes, procedures, and staff related to financial management, including timesheets, payroll, and regular reviews and audits.
- Ensure overall project financial management and manage and maintain accounting and financial records for all project activities.
- Work with project staff to prepare proper financial documentation, and accurately process expenditures for monthly invoicing to DFID.
- Liaise with the local bank, reconcile monthly bank statements, and verify all deposits and withdrawals.
- Collect and review timesheets and process payroll, tax withholding, and all applicable benefits on a timely basis each month.
- Work with tax accountants in managing and monitoring project accounts.
- Work closely with project staff to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and procedures, and provide guidance as needed in the processing of VAT exemption for the project.
- Work closely with project staff to ensure compliance and provide guidance as needed for the proper documentation and coding of activities.
- Fulfill other financial management functions as required.
- At least 3 years of financial management experience with large-scale international projects.
- Extensive familiarity with donor-funded accounting procedures.
- Proven experience working with donor-funded projects, DFID-funded projects preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or relevant field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the link here:
Please contact IAGRrecruit@chemonics.com if you experience any issues. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and finalists will be contacted for an interview.