Director Of Strategy And Institutional Sustainability
Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICPAR was established by law number 11 of 2008 to grow and regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. It is the only professional accountancy organization (PAO) mandated by law to regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. To drive the Institute’s growth and development and further enhance its reputation and influence in the region, ICPAR announces the following job openings: .
The Director of Strategy and Institutional Sustainability is a key member of the Institute’s Senior Management Team and the lead for developing ICPAR’s capabilities and delivering key results in strategy and corporate services. The role holder will work with a broad range of external stakeholders.
Lead development of ICPAR’s capabilities in Strategy and Institutional Sustainability
• Recruit, manage, and develop a highly engaged motivated, and professional team of staff.
• Ensure ICPAR Secretariat, develops capabilities in the following strategy and corporate services in line with ICPAR Bylaws and IFAC standards:
b. Institutional sustainability including stakeholder support for the transition to long term financial self-sufficiency (working closely with the Chief Executive);
c. Finance, procurement and administration;
d. IT systems, support, and security;
e. HR support;
f. Corporate affairs including brand, communications, and PR;
g. Information and knowledge management;
h. Performance, monitoring, and evaluation.
Lead ICPAR’s delivery of key results in Strategy and Institutional Sustainability
• Lead the ongoing strategy implementation and monitoring process for the Institute.
• Ensure overview of the strategic environment and ensure strategic issues are identified and analyzed to ensure the Institute strategy remains relevant and appropriate.
• Ensure appropriate secretariat support to Governing Council including financial and performance reporting.
• Development and delivery of agreed programme of IT, security, finance, and procurement systems in line with Institute strategy.
• Development and professional delivery of appropriate HR and administration support including organizational and individual development planning, and an effective performance management system.
• Ensure provision of appropriate office accommodation.
• Development and delivery of an appropriate branding, PR, and communications strategy as required by the Institute strategy and business plan.
• Development and delivery of appropriate information and knowledge management strategy as required by the Institute strategy and business plan including safe secure and appropriate documentation and records management.
• Lead development of effective partnerships with key stakeholders in relation to funding in line with the Institute’s strategy.
Active contribution to ICPAR Senior Management Team
• Work with the Chief Executive and other Directors to develop as a high performing team providing effective corporate leadership leading to the Institute: a. becoming an ‘employer of choice’;
b. implementing the Institute’s strategy;
c. achieving key performance and financial targets;
d. developing and retaining stakeholder confidence and support;
e. continuing to innovative and grow.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
• Educated to at least Masters level or equivalent, and must have a professional accountancy qualification equivalent to CPA; (E)
• Ideally possess a qualification in HR, strategy, business administration, IT, finance, audit, procurement, or any other a related area; (D)
• At least eight years of relevant work experience in the delivery and development of professional services; (E)
• At least five years’ senior management experience; (E)
• Track record of developing and delivering strategic change in complex environments (D)
• Practical experience of managing people and projects (E)
• Track record of effectively working with and influencing stakeholders in public and private sectors (E)
• Ideally knowledge of the accountancy profession including context in Rwanda;(D)
• Interest and knowledge of professional membership organisations and /or accountancy issues and developments in the market and worldwide; (D)
• (E) = Essential and (D) = Desirable
• Support Chief Executive and other Directors in the leadership, development, and management of the Institute in order to achieve market objectives, targets, and KPI’s;
• Lead, develop, and manage Strategy and Institutional Sustainability staff team to deliver excellent services in a collaborative and resilient way;
• Regular communication with ICPAR Council as and when required;
• Other key external partners within government, IFAC, and development sector to enhance and maintain partnerships as required.
• Competitive salary
• Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
• Working with the best people to build a strong, relevant and sustainable accountancy profession that is at the heart of national development
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The above-mentioned positions are senior posts requiring a strong educational underpinning, a track record of achievement in developing people, delivering change, and meeting demanding targets.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact details including daytime telephone number, to: [email protected] by Tuesday, 29th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Rwandan Nationals.
Candidates that had previously expressed interest are not required to apply again.