POST TITLE – Deputy Programme Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – 5 pm, 25/11/2020
DUTY STATION – Kigali, Rwanda
LENGTH OF CONTRACT – Open ended
START DATE – As soon as possible
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE – 11/11/2020
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights and democracy. Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance.
NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Programme Manager. The Deputy Programme Manager is a member of the senior management team and will support the Programme Manager in overseeing the development, management, implementation and monitoring of Partner activities with a specific focus on the Country Programme’s MEL activities, communications and knowledge management.
The main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position will include the following:
Programme management and implementation
- Manage the programme workplan and corresponding activities.
- Build capacity within NPA’s Programme team as well as among our Partners in all aspects of project implementation and management.
- Promote a strong collaborative team culture with the Programme Department.
- Directly Line Manage 5 staff.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Lead on the design, development, and implementation of the Programme’ s MEL Plan and reporting tools
- With contributions of the MEL Coordinator and in conjunction with the PM, manage all MEL activities within the Country Programme.
- Oversee the programme planning and monitoring routines ensuring outputs are always of high quality and are produced on time.
- Organize quarterly review sessions with NPA partners and other stakeholders as well as other cross-learning events while fostering a culture of learning throughout the Programme.
Reporting and communication
- Lead the delivery of quarterly, biannual and annual reports in collaboration with the MEL Coordinator.
- Support the Programme Manager in the provision of all statutory and technical reporting to the Rwandan authorities and Donors.
- Produce regular and high-quality communication materials including quarterly dashboards, monthly highlights, case studies and similar.
- Ensure close monitoring of all NPA Partners while taking appropriate action to address capacity development needs where necessary.
Interested applicants should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competences mentioned above as well as an up to date CV to:
The Programme Manager
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
This is a local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.