Deputy Managing Director
Jobs at:LuNa Smelter Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LuNa Smelter Ltd is Rwanda’s established tin smelter in Kigali Rwanda. As part of its optimization and localization plans the company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand for the mining sector, and that of the region.
LuNa Smelter Ltd is looking for experienced professionals to fill the following vacancy;
Deputy Managing Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Deputy Managing Director provides support to the Managing Director to ensure that LuNa Smelter Ltd achieves its business objectives and creates an environment that promotes staff commitment to the achievement of the organisational vision, mission, and strategy. .
Minimum Qualifications and skills requirements
• First degree or its equivalent in Business Administration or Management
• Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience, at Executive Management level within the Mining sector
• Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects and successfully operationalizing innovative programs resulting in measurable successes and program growth
• Demonstrated success in organisational capacity building, including fiscal management and budgeting
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
• Proficiency in English, French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
Key areas of responsibilities and duties
• General management of the smelter operations,
• Technical and organizational supervision over the tin production process at Luna Smelter,
• Supervising projects indicated by the Management Board, including Bugarura and Kuluti – own proprietary mining units
• Cooperation with potential JV partners in Rwanda – strategic, financial issues and technical supervision over planned process optimization,
• Ownership supervision and support in the process covering all activities of Luna Smelter,
• Taking care of high quality of production,
• Monitoring the implementation of the assumed production plan,
• Representing the company outside,
• Creation and implementation of the business development strategy achievement of business goals set by the investors,
• Cooperation with investors, shareholders and key business partners,
• Development of and supervision over the investment, production and trading activities of the smelter,
• Definition and development of the suitable organizational framework and policy for successful management of the project,
• Continual observation of the external operational environment to ensure achievement of the company’s key development of the project,
• Application of the best practices in business including appropriate ethical behaviours and standards as well as social responsibility,
• Development and setup of targets to allow for appropriate evaluation of performance and adjustment of remuneration for key managers,
• Assessment of business risk, development and implementation of risk management plan,
• Accomplish his assigned duties as stipulated in this agreement, and any other tasks assigned by the company within rules and regulations of LuNa Smelter Ltd.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] not later than Thursday May 13, 2021.
Email subject must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
CV Naming: Your CV name must bear both your first and second names respectively.