Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Jobs at:Chancen International
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CHANCEN International is a non-profit organization that provides an ethical, fair, and responsible financing model for young people in Africa to access quality tertiary education. This financing model is called an Income Share Agreement (ISA) and was tried and tested for 20 years in Germany before being launched in East Africa in 2018. With an ISA financing model, CHANCEN International pays tuition fees during beneficiaries' tenure of their studies, and graduates pay them back according to their income at the end of their studies, thus making it possible to finance the next generation of students. CHANCEN administrative base is located in Kigali, Rwanda, and in its first two years of financing operations, more than 1300 young people accessed funds for their tertiary education.
CHANCEN believes that young Africans are ready to take on the problems that have held their continent back if they are fairly and responsibly empowered. Education is one of the vehicles for harnessing that potential, and we work to create equal access to high-quality tertiary education for traditionally excluded populations. Our unique and innovative model of responsible and sustainable financing has the power to unleash intergenerational economic mobility for marginalized youth as they gain the skills require .
About the Opportunity
CHANCEN International is looking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will join the executive team as we pioneer student finance in Sub-Saharan Africa. The organization has its headquarters in Rwanda. The executive team works collaboratively to achieve the organization’s mission. The ideal candidate is committed to promoting and ensuring that continuous learning, innovation, transparency, and creativity are upheld per company culture. The CFO will contribute tremendously in improving the efficiency and effective use of the budget with the specific job purpose as follows:
The CFO will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of CHANCEN International. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, assets costing, deal analysis, and negotiations. The candidate will also extend his/her job functions by obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Technical Skills, Competencies, and Experience
• 5+ years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a fast-growing organization with a budget of at least $10 million and preferably in an emerging market and /or education finance; previous experience as CFO, VP of Finance, Fund Manager or equivalent preferred;
• Led and managed Finance teams across multiple countries and operations;
• Experience working with processing systems including accounting systems, inventory management systems, business planning systems, and grant reporting systems preferred;
• Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting; fluency with complex bi-lateral funding agency reporting requirements preferred;
• The role requires analytical rigor, strategic thinking, and the ability to synthesize data and produce clear deliverables;
• Detail, action, and results-oriented
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation and salary expectation to [email protected]
The Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 22nd January 2021.