Business Support Assistant (Human Resources)
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
28 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) G4 (125564)
Requisition # 125564 – Posted 15/09/2020 – Fixed Term – Africa, Central & Eastern – Rwanda – Kigali – Working Job Language (1) – HUMAN RESOURCES
WFP Rwanda seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
JOB TITLE : Business Support Assistant (Human Resources)
JOB GRADE: General Service (GS 4)
REPORTING TO: HR Officer
DURATION: 12 Months renewable
LOCATION: Kigali- Rwanda
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Kigali Office, Human Resources Unit. The job holder provides administrative support to the HR team with the reporting line to the Head of Unit, or the designate. .
To deliver standard business support processes for the entire Human Resources Function, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
• Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases, and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
• Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
• Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance Long Service Awards, Emergency Preparedness information, and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
• Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the HR officer and HR Assistants including on-boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
• Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONT'
• Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, identification cards, UN Laissez Passer, bank accounts etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
• Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
• Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate the availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
• Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to needs;
• Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide the necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
• Perform other duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Completion of secondary school education. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired.
Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Fluency (level C) in both, written and verbal communication in English. Intermediate (level B) in French is an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word;
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision;
• Ability to use tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals;
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
• Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
• Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
• Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
• Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates the ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
• WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
• All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
• Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (Rwanda Time) on the deadline date.
• The deadline for receiving applications for this position is 28 September 2020.
This position is open to both, female and male candidates. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply