Since November 2018, Community Based Sociotherapy Rwanda (CBS Rwanda) and its partner organizations, Anglican Church, Byumba Diocese (EAR-B) and Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR), are implementing the “Mvura Nkuvure Project: Intergenerational healing and community reconciliation for sustainable peace”. The project is financially supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The community-based sociotherapy approach is one of the main approaches in the project, which uses the group as a therapeutic medium in the establishment of trust, the creation of an open environment for discussion and the formation of peer-support structures. The socio-groups facilitate community members to identify, acknowledge, share, and manage together their everyday psychosocial problems related to the recent history of political violence and its aftermath.
Apart from the regular sociotherapy group sessions which form a key component of this project; providing capacity building and coaching for sociotherapy groups that have developed their own socio-economic initiatives is another main activity in the project. To achieve the objectives set under this project component, CBS Rwanda is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Specialist (BDS), who will be able to design the business development strategy and train implementing staff that will support the community groups in the growth and success of their self-initiated socio-economic activities. The 10 days assignment, with possibility to extend, is intended to start by the 1 st of June, 2021.
- Develop the economic development strategy for graduate sociotherapy groups;
- Build the capacity of the locally based coaches and monitoring staff who will implement the strategy;
- Monitor the economic activities initiated by groups and transfer the related knowledge to the locally based coaches;
- Collect, review and analyze all the necessary information from CBS, its Partner Organizations or other organizations implementing business development strategies in the context of relatively small community groups/associations.
- Carry out stakeholder analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions that play a vital role in economic development of community groups and develop recommendations to strengthen linkages between implementing organizations, groups and related institutions.
- Document and analyze current intervention models and come up with an integrated model that can serve our groups considering the intervention philosophy of not imposing people what they should do and building on the existing local capacity.
- Based on the processes mentioned above and in consultation with the Mvura Nkuvure Project Team, prepare a comprehensive list of contents to be included in the strategy, training manual, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Develop a detailed and practical steps to undertake while implementing the strategy.
- Develop the training manual for the implementation of the business development strategy.
- Conduct the training for the implementing team, including the coaches and monitoring staff, and develop related report.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for the implementation of the business development strategy.
Required expertise and qualifications
- A Master or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, Development Studies, Agri-business or related field. Having a PHD in related field will be an added value;
- At least 3 years of prior working experience in working with community groups in the economic development initiatives and good knowledge and experience of community-based approaches for development;
- Having a strong knowledge of the implementing actors in the field of community socio-economic development;
- Experience in working with governmental and non-governmental leaders from grassroots to national level in advocacy related activities;
- Good communication skills and strong sprit of teamwork;
- Good organizational and report writing skills;
- Strong critical analysis skills and attention to detail;
- Cultural and gender sensitive attitude;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English;
- Working knowledge of French is considered a plus.
How to apply
The applicants should submit a signed letter of expression of interest, addressed to the Executive Director of CBS Rwanda, a CV, relevant certificates, and financial and technical proposals to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] not later than 5:00 PM on 3 rd May 2021 . Please ensure to submit complete documents; as submissions of incomplete documents will be subject to rejection. Due to the high volume of the submissions, only successful consultants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali on 12 April 2021
CBS Rwanda Management
UMOJA House, 1st floor
Kiyovu, Kigali, Rwanda
E-mail: [email protected]