Business Analyst and Database Administrator
Jobs at:Unguka Bank PLC
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Unguka Bank Plc is looking for a qualified, self-driven, competent, and committed ‘Business Analyst and Database administrator’ reporting to the Head of Information and Technologies Department. Overall The Business Analyst and Database administrator will be responsible of maintaining the bank’s database systems including performance tuning, monitoring critical events, back-up/restore, archiving and documentation, and also Extracting, Developing, and integrating various end users reports using oracle scripts. .
• Control and monitor user access permission and privileges to the database.
• Enrol users and maintain database security.
• Perform and maintain Backups and restoring databases.
• Monitor database performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
• Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system
• Install and test new versions of the DBMS.
• Propose database documentation, including policy and procedures.
• Ensure storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
• Work closely with the Core Banking Vendor and consultants for new application database management and integrity.
• Performs end financial activities (EOD, EOM, and EOY) regularly.
• Document and communicate database logs and errors to the Vendor.
• Extract, Develop, and integrate various end users reports using oracle scripts.
• Perform other database administration related tasks.
• Manage and Monitor database replications.
• Other tasks assigned by his hierarchical supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and other requirements
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information systems, management information systems or the equivalent, with experience of at least 2 years in the banking industry or any other financial Institution
• Relevant database professional certifications in Oracle is a critical added value
• Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in writing scripts using PL/SQL.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
• Ability to work autonomously.
Key Behaviours & Abilities
• Self-motivated and customer-oriented
• High level of personal ethic and integrity
• Excellent strategic thinking, process management, and problem-solving skills;
• Initiative, resourcefulness, and innovation.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe your career objectives matches this position, send your application letter, academic credentials, and CV with three referees to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in subject line not later than November 10th, 2020 at 4:00 pm.