Awards and Sub Awards Specialist
Jobs at:CARE International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE International is seeking to recruit an “Awards and Sub Awards Specialist” for DFID Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda (IAG-R) program, Pending Donor Approval Introduction CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International aims to be a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Overview of the Role The Awards & Sub Awards Specialist is responsible for working with IAG-R grants and related sub-recipients to ensure that CARE and Donor funds are utilized according to the intended purpose; providing thorough and diligent oversight. A critical aspect of this position involves working closely with program staff, and senior leaders to ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on awards and sub-awards. Particularly the position works with sub-recipients to ensure they meet the accountability requirements of their contracts and generally manage their finances effectively, which involves appropriate partner staff capacity development. This position forms the link between program, administration and finance team. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting /finance management.
• Knowledge and experience work with an accounting software package
• Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, etc. or its equivalent as a Master’s degree in a relevant qualification like accounting, Finance or an MBA but with a bias of Finance or accounting
• At least 5 years’ experience in grants, subgrants and budget management and proposal budgeting at a similar level, of which at least 3 in the development sector
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and good skills in using financial software applications
• Fluency in English language and written communication;
• Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants, subgrants and contracts management processes.
• Solid knowledge of key donor regulations and compliance requirements
• Solid Analytical and problem solving, financial troubleshooting and audit experience
• Good understanding of fund accounting and financial analysis
• Capacity building, facilitation skills and proven ability to effectively transfer skills.
• Solid interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with diverse teams
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Click here to apply https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=28018