VACANCE DE POSTE : 19/HCR/KGL/VN/041
NUMERO DU POSTE Temporary Appointment
LIEU D’AFFECTATION: Kigali
CATEGORIE/GRADE : NOB
The Associate Programme Officer may be based in HQ,field/regional bureau, typically reporting to and be guided by the Programofficer and may supervise a small team of local staff. He/she may refer toUNHCR’s Programme Manual (Chapter IV), UNHCR’s corporate and regional strategicpriorities, operation plans and other relevant institutional rules andregulations for further guidance.
The Associate Programme Officer will provideprogrammatic guidance and support with regard to the implementation of protectionand solutions strategies within available resources. S/he will coordinate withthe other sections/units to ensure harmonized programmatic approaches at alllevels and throughout the UNHCR Operations Management Cycle. The incumbent willwork in line with the overall UNHCR directions which crucially require workingwith partners, including with persons of concern, governmental institutions andthe private sector, ensuring that programme management is approached as perUNHCR’s Strategic Directions, Global Strategic Priorities (GSPs), GlobalCompact for Refugees (GCR), and corporate positions on SDGs.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with themulti-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual,ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of theProgram Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to performtheir duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within theirdelegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR whichincludes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policiesand Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities ina manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerialcompetencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respectfor diversity.
DESCRIPTION DES TACHES
– Supportin assessing and analysing the needs of persons of concern in a participatorymanner, using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis forplanning.
– Providesupport on programmatic aspects of developing multi-year protection andsolutions strategies and annual plans with corresponding priorities taking intoaccount corporate priorities.
– SupportResults Based Management and programme capacity in light of evolvingrequirements, programming approaches and gaps.
– Assistthe planning process in compliance with planning parameters outlined in theProgramme Manual and the planning instructions.
– Supportthe revision and analysis of plans, mid-year and year-end reports of UNHCRoffice(s) in the Area of Responsibility AoR), ensure quality assurance andcompliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
– Assistin the provision of overall direction to broaden partnerships with keystakeholders in order to maximize the protection and solutions responsefor persons of concern.
– Providesupport to ensure a consistent application of the framework for implementingwith partners, including the effective implementation of the policy onselection and retention of partners, management of partnership agreements,risk-based project performance monitoring, and risk-based project audits, amongothers.
– Contributeto ensure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systemsacross the region, in line with global standards and polices.
– Activelycontribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuouslycontribute to improvements of programming tools and processes.
– Overseea timely and effective follow-up of internal and external audits observationsand recommendations that relate to programmatic issues.
– Performother related duties as required.
Three years relevant experience with Undergraduatedegree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevantexperience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Economics; Business Administration; Social Sciences; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
CertificationProgramme in Programme Management (CP-PM)
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience in programme management including familiarization with the OMC andsound knowledge of Results Based-Management. Demonstrated experience in field operations, sound knowledge on the centrality of protec
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to ContinuousLearning
Client & ResultOrientation
Judgement and Decision Making
Empowering and Building Trust
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
tion in programming,Joint Needs Assessments and the principles of targeting
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here