2 Officer, Workout and Recovery
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Officer, Workout and Recovery .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take over assets deemed nonperforming or impaired or in risk of becoming nonperforming or impaired, from Portfolio Management Officers in a structured and documented fashion;
• Carry out regular project visits for loans newly classified as Non-Performing Loan and ensure robust repayments are hard-pressed;
• Monitor repayment of loans in distress and report on progress and recovery actions;
• Analyze the debt workout requested by the client based on the willingness of the client, performance of the project and financial capability of the client to ensure a proposal is submitted for approval depending on the approval levels set in the credit policy;
• Prepare periodic and adhoc recovery reports for assigned clients for review by the Recovery and Workout Manager and the recovery committee;
• Provide all the necessary preparations and support to ensure related processes to receivership and compensation from the guarantee funds are effective;
• Determine, document and present the best course of action in terms of exit strategy;
• Monitor business and financial performance of the debtors Structuring, negotiating and executing Debtor in Possession facilities for impaired counterparties;
• Execute amendments, waivers, consents and any other legal documents pertaining to the asset under management;
• Identifying accounts for filing of suits;
• Initiate litigation filings against debtors/guarantors in order to achieve maximum recovery;
• Documenting lessons learnt from the management and recovery of problem loans with a view to strengthening future related appraisal processes;
• Carry on any other assignment delegated by the line managers.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in commerce/Business, Law & Administration/ or related field from a recognized institution
• Relevant professional qualification
• A minimum of three (3) years in similar position
• High level of financial literacy
• Conversant with forced recovery processes (receivership & litigations)
• Computer literacy
• Speed, accuracy and efficiency of transactional processes and reporting.
• Strict adherence to agreed credit turnaround time and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Credit risk analysis in terms of risk identification, assessment, measurement and mitigation
• Management, especially the different asset class’s institutional investors are exposed to in Africa
• Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
• Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
• Customers care skills
• Communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (As One Document) as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: [email protected] (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: https://www.brd.rw/brd/opportunity/
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.